Account Hack Attempt? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Account Hack Attempt?

TekNinja81

Site Supporter
Hey folks,

Just received an email from GTAM warning me that "someone" had attempted more than 5 times to log-in to my account with an incorrect password. The IP address listed, 64.64.11.139, appears on Google to be a frequent forum spamming/hacking source... Just curious if anyone else has had this come up recently.

Would strongly suggest to admins that this IP address be perma-banned from accessing the site if possible. Actually, that said, going to PM Paul about it. Bloody hackers/spammers...

Hackers/crackers go through proxies like nothing. There are forums where 1000's of them are posted daily and they continuously use then discard them and replace with new ones so i doubt that particular ip is even in use anymore. If it's any sort of 'pro' they never use the same one twice.

Sorry, I wanted to read your pm's :cool:

what would be the purpose of hacking your account? just curious

No real benefit that I can see; maybe to access personal information/messages or something, if anything... but wouldn't be surprised if it was just a random spam-bot/script or something trying to access any easily-hacked accounts. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom