92 GSX1100G Thoughts? experience? | GTAMotorcycle.com

92 GSX1100G Thoughts? experience?

The guy was pushing it to the end of his driveway with a free sign on it. needs fork seal and a tail light. I haven't had it running yet but assume it will need the cards cleaned.

Right place, right time

Did you get an ownership too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a bit rare and overlooked bike in the day. bulletproof drive train and cheap parts. if it turns over OK check the valve train and drive shaft. if you are up to a project would be a fun engine/rear section swap with a wrecked GSXR = weird and potentially cool custom

I keep forgetting these existed. And about Suzuki's enthusiasm for ape hangers.

Bet it won't take much to get it going

A buddy had one for a couple years and put many kms on it after he had the got the carbs sorted. Slides, i think?
Apparently it is a common problem.
Some good info in this thread including owner websites.

Oh ya (y) there's a carburetor cleaning valve adjustment lubricate everything project if I ever did see one.

I'm thinking.. drop the bars, cut the rear fender off and change signals all the way around. :unsure:

Get it running first... and if you change the signals, please hang on to the originals

You take the trophy for the "Reasonably priced bike.........."

Well done. (y)(y)

Get it running first... and if you change the signals, please hang on to the originals
Definitely will keep it mild and will keep everything to return it to stock if desired. The highway pegs, backrest and windshield are factory addons, so I will keep those as well. I'm actually looking for a donner fender to cut and keep the stock one also.

Thanks, I'm sure the next guy that drove by would have snagged it. I had to have a "Share Holders" meeting when I got home. its the third bike in less than a month I've brought home lol. :ROFLMAO:

Were they all free?

Back
Top Bottom