'82 Seca 650... keep or sell? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

'82 Seca 650... keep or sell?

If it isn't the Turbo and turns out to be the Seca RJ model shown in post #14, they have an 8" headlight.
A complete 8" headlight, bucket and ring in good shape can be worth a couple hundred bucks.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on the headlight, they might show up on eBay for big bucks, they usually sell for under $100.

On Kijiji, there is currently a mint Seca Turbo (with 2 donor bikes) here - Seca Turbo on Kijiji

That could give you a high value, after restoration. Knowing how quickly bills add up, my guess is the restoration alone would be over 3K.

On Kijiji, there is currently a mint Seca Turbo (with 2 donor bikes) here - Seca Turbo on Kijiji

That could give you a high value, after restoration. Knowing how quickly bills add up, my guess is the restoration alone would be over 3K.

Agree.

As for that ad, nothing helps sell your turbo bike like giving it the beans five seconds after you start it. :) It was either a warm start in which case the starting portion of the video meant nothing or it was a cold start and I weep for the turbo.

Looks to be fairly original and complete. Give it a bath, take the plastic off and start plugging away at the mechanicals ?

I agree. From what's shown in those photos, it looks like it is all there. Stock exhaust, too. It's worth doing a basic clean-up to see what's under the dust and grime, and find out what works and what doesn't. If it were up to me, I'd check the oil level, check that the engine can spin over by hand with a socket on the end of the crankshaft first, and see where that leads. If you don't want to put in the effort yourself, it's worth trying to find a buyer for the complete bike.

Back
Top Bottom