80s bikes... your favorite? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

80s bikes... your favorite?

If I could have an unmolested one just to look at -
OIP.DiANDRz9KTsoQe7Yq5qh7QHaFk
Forgot about that one. 1987 was the first Toronto motorcycle show I went to and I lusted after that bike almost as much as I did over their CR motocross lineup (not yet a teenager so MX bikes were my focus).

I seen one Gamma on the the road ever in the late 80s,if I had room for a project bike it would likely be one of these.
xzofwtrd.png

Most of the bikes noted so far are already collector bikes. How about the future classics, the ones you can pick up in riding condition for under $2500 today that will be turning heads 10 years from now?

Most of the bikes noted so far are already collector bikes. How about the future classics, the ones you can pick up in riding condition for under $2500 today that will be turning heads 10 years from now?
Not sure about 2500 but maybe. vfr often doesn't get the money I expect.

The 500 Gammas had cooling problems on the rear right jug, that was easily remedied with a Black and Decker hand drill and a 3/4" bit. DON"T LET THE OWNER WATCH YOU DO IT.

The 500 Gammas had cooling problems on the rear right jug, that was easily remedied with a Black and Decker hand drill and a 3/4" bit. DON"T LET THE OWNER WATCH YOU DO IT.
RZ500s had similar cooling issues once you leaned on them. The trick was to leave them stock.

Most of the bikes noted are already collector bikes. How about the future classics -- the ones you can pick up in riding condition for under $2500 today that will be in high demand 10 years from now?

Most of the bikes noted are already collector bikes. How about the future classics -- the ones you can pick up in riding condition for under $2500 today that will be in high demand 10 years from now?
Aha, now we're getting somewhere.

There are a few bikes that people have already mentioned that are for sale right now for less than $2500 - a few Sabres, a few Magnas, a few Hurricanes. At least one Interceptor.

Hmm, I see a pattern emerging

I had an 1985 900 Ninja
Me too. Spun a crank bearing playing in the redzone while low on oil. I used to go every where on it at about 160 back before the 50 over law was in place.

Original condition Honda CBF's (750,900,1100) seem to be creeping up in value especially if they have the original exhaust system.

It always makes me sick to see some guy take one and butcher it to make a half-arsed interpretation of a "kaff racer".

I would think GPZ's too as I haven't an original one for a while and GSXR's are already there.

As for something in riding condition for under $2500 all I ever see are the ubiquitous cruisers that they made in large quantities.

Loved the styling of both those CBFs. How the tank blended into the side covers, followed thru to the tailpiece with the spoiler. Now everything has to be jagged harsh lines that don't flow at all.

Had loads of fun on my CBX250....or was that just my memory fading???? Was a great commuter for downtown....maybe not so much on the highway....MAX speed was 120km/h and I'm light.
If you want to see if those memories hold true:

I have to say the 80's is, for me, the golden age of motorcycling. I can't pick one. As top 15, the RD350LC, CBX750 (the 550 as well), the Katana...

And one for you too! (price is high to me, but I don't know)

Just putting the finnishing touches on a 87 CBX250 if you are feeling nostalgic

View attachment 60895
If you want to see if those memories hold true:

Wait a second, that must be yours?

Back
Top Bottom