80s bikes... your favorite? | GTAMotorcycle.com

80s bikes... your favorite?

Mad Mike

During the 80s, a lot changed in motorcycles. Prices for most 80s bikes are dirt cheap with a few exceptions.

What's your favorite 80s bike? What 80s bikes will be collector priced in 10 years?

The very first sportbike that caught my eye growing up was the Honda NSR500. Have no clue how much they are or how difficult to find an unmolested one, but that would be my 80s holy grail.

Owned an '82 KZ250LTD and an '84 V65 Magna, so I'll go with the Magna. Goldwings would be '70's.

There may be technically better bikes, but this will always be my favorite from the era - 1989 GSX-R750RK homologation special:

1d43399295a234dc87a7e002fd00d58b--suzuki-gsx-lifestyle.jpg

The very first sportbike that caught my eye growing up was the Honda NSR500. Have no clue how much they are or how difficult to find an unmolested one, but that would be my 80s holy grail.

NSR500 was a HRC works bike. Honda sold the NS400R to the public.

I’ve always thought the Magna was a beautiful bike and it was also the first bike I was ever on (on the back, when I was about 4yrs old, in Nova Scotia, and just barely held on). I was hooked and had a dirtbike the next year.
The 80’s Ninja and GSXR’s would be my favourites though.

BMW Airheads. RS/RT. Although the R90 was a 70's success, the styling cues carried over well into the 80's. We had an R80RT for many years. It was the most comfortable bike i ever owned. Even better than the Goldwing.The fairing was a brilliant design by Hans Muth week did a lot of unique bikes.

Last edited:
1983 - 1985 Laverda RGS 1000
A gentalman's touring motorcycle.

note the filler cap in the fairing

RGS1000.jpg

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.
Current generation machines are so much better in every way I can't hold out much sentimentality.
As period pieces, fine BUT that's it.
Get your flamethrowers out....

Back
Top Bottom