50cc moped w pedals | GTAMotorcycle.com

50cc moped w pedals

Do they still have the moped plate or just all under limited speed plate ? I would think with a motor is needs cert.

Well my bad. “ a motor safety certificate doesn’t apply for a moped”

remember these:
b3dd0737a544acbc98e8386f4e6a70b1.jpg

Those were the days when they didn't try to put a low saddle on anything, all motorcycles came the same height, you just had to learn to ride them that way lol

no I don't remember those lol
looks like it is set up to take side bags !
makes me smile

edit - oh wait, I did have a solex moped in grade 6?
49cc 2stroke with the motor sitting on the front wheel

was a non runner gift - my oldest brother helped me get it running
cleaned and ungummed the piston rings, and she ran

Last edited:
In 1976, Honda Canada decided to import the PC50 moped.
They came 3 to a box, either red, blue or orange, governed for 30 mph and retailed for $375.
At that time they were unclassified - you didn't need a plate or insurance, just some kind of driver's licence (learner's ? )and a helmet.
The shop I was working at got in a couple of crates, we assembled one and my boss asked me to take it for a ride and tell him what I thought.
I came back and said, "these are the biggest pieces of sh*t I have ever ridden, order as many as you can."
I think we sold over 300 of them that year, to every DUI that walked in the door (just like e-bikes now).
Three years later, the province decided you had to have a red plate and insurance and the whole deal abruptly stopped.

Attachments

• Honda Moped 019.JPG
    Honda Moped 019.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Three years later, the province decided you had to have a red plate and insurance and the whole deal abruptly stopped.
Exactly would should happen with ebikes now.

Continue to allow pedelecs (substantially revise what is considered an ebike such as 80 lb weight limit, motor only works while pedaling, bike must be capable of attaining 20 km/h on flat ground with pedals alone, etc.). The 200+ lb DUI mobiles with pedals that can't possibly be used should be licensed and insured like the LSM that they are.

The shop I was working at got in a couple of crates, we assembled one and my boss asked me to take it for a ride and tell him what I thought.
I came back and said, "these are the biggest pieces of sh*t I have ever ridden, order as many as you can."
Brilliant.

Continue to allow pedelecs (substantially revise what is considered an ebike such as 80 lb weight limit, motor only works while pedaling, bike must be capable of attaining 20 km/h on flat ground with pedals alone, etc.). The 200+ lb DUI mobiles with pedals that can't possibly be used should be licensed and insured like the LSM that they are.
I can only imagine the vitriol when it comes down to enforcement. The moral outrage at being subject to orwellian laws that impinge on... forget it, just laugh at the article.

i have a 50cc scooter from BC that i need to register here in ON.

slightly easier in BC in that under 50cc, no motorcycle/scooter license is required. just plate and insurance.

when we brought the scooter over to ON, with plans to have the wifey rip it locally, we realize she needed at a minimum scooter license, its been sitting in our garage for the past 10 years, with me taking it out around the block about once a month.

i have a 50cc scooter from BC that i need to register here in ON.

slightly easier in BC in that under 50cc, no motorcycle/scooter license is required. just plate and insurance.

when we brought the scooter over to ON, with plans to have the wifey rip it locally, we realize she needed at a minimum scooter license, its been sitting in our garage for the past 10 years, with me taking it out around the block about once a month.
Be careful, the $5000+ in tickets would suck if a cop having a bad day sees you.

Does it have a 17 digit VIN? I am assuming it has a BC ownership in your name?

If she's bothering to get licensed, I would go for the M not LSM. Learning is the same, cost is the same, opens up your options for the future.

agreed. i dont take the scooter outside of my crescent because of the risk of getting screwed. however, i had to truck it down to fada scooters last summer for maintenance. ended up riding it back to stouffville maxing out at 70km/hr the whole trip.

she is not bothering to get herself licensed, she (and me) want to get it registered, plated and insured so its not sitting in the garage collecting dust. she has no urge to ride. even in BC, she wouldnt venture out of the cul-de-sac of her parents house.

still has the original BC plates with the 2009 stickers. BC registration is under my wifes name

Back
Top Bottom