507 Road Work | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

507 Road Work

Any news on the 507? In mid section is there gravel still?

Any news on the 507? In mid section is there gravel still?
Ran both ways yesterday.
The gravels gone except for a little on the centreline here and there., and some scattered near the shoulders.
There are no painted lines, and the new surface is extremely coarse.
Have at it.

Ran both ways yesterday.
The gravels gone except for a little on the centreline here and there., and some scattered near the shoulders.
There are no painted lines, and the new surface is extremely coarse.
Have at it.
Yup. Gravel signs up but seems to be tar and chip. Meh. Didnt see any high speed morons today but lots of morons going fast in the straights and slowing in the corners ( or slow in the short straights and even slower in the corners). It was a pleasure getting on real asphalt and off the new crap they laid.

Ran up and down the 507 today. Resurfaced part of the road is some type of chip seal, not great. Harbinger of what the whole stretch of the 507 is probably going to look like when they redo the other currently asphalt parts of the road over the next 5+ years.

I'm seeing more and more of this chip seal crap all over the Kawarthas as various governments struggle with balancing their budgets and scrimping on road surface quality IMO. Would be nice to have politicians come back to us and ask if we are willing to pay more as taxpayers to retain asphalt roads where they currently exist vs. degrading them to a lower standard. As an example, if I'm paying $4,500 in total property taxes would I be willing to pay $4,650 to enable roads department resurface in asphalt vs. chip seal.

Back
Top Bottom