507 Road Work | GTAMotorcycle.com

507 Road Work

ReSTored

Rode 507 Thursday and on the top half saw dozens of work vehicles spread out over a 5 - 10 km stretch. They appeared to be setting up for some major roadwork that I'm sure is going to result in lane closures and flagmen everywhere stopping traffic.

There is a notice here re a few culverts, but this seems like minor works compared to the numbers of vehicles I saw. Road Closures/Road Construction

busabim

Site Supporter
I rode it today from bottom to Gooderham, what a fuggin disappointment. Havent ridden it in years.

Some new pavement, some pavement was pretty harsh; Not worth the drive from Toronto IMHO.

BB

ReSTored

I rode it yesterday, a few stretches of new pavement, uncrowded, passed 2 cars. Same with Glamorgan. Given the number of workers there setting up I was expecting major work, not a few patches here and there.

62 south of Elephant Road through Bancroft and then 28 south to 118 west a nightmare, Jam packed and slow. Should have turned around and redone Elephant Road on way back to 118. Avoid 62 and 28, especially on the weekend.

justride

Was there yesterday afternoon. Not sure why they stopped resurfacing the road halfway. smooth sailing then wham - my back!
BTW- didn't get a good look but I think there is pothole/sinkhole on the northbound lane, on the left tire lane. It's circled with spray paint about the size of a garbage can lid. So heads up!

Last edited:

ReSTored

There again today, about 3/4 of the way up there is a 5 km stretch being worked on. Pavement removed both lanes and new gravel being compacted in places, sometimes 3" - 4" deep. Road was in pretty rough shape and this hassle is the price of getting it fixed I guess.

............. I think there is pothole/sinkhole on the northbound lane, on the left tire lane. It's circled with spray paint about the size of a garbage can lid. So heads up!..............

It's been fixed.

justride

"about 3/4 of the way up there is a 5 km stretch being worked on"
Was on the 507 yesterday. road work is not done. nice and easy!

conundrum

I'm starting to think they won't be done until the snow falls...sadly

OSIRIS_001

Site Supporter
The Peterborough County office confirms :

Outstanding is the line painting which prior to completing the Contractor will sweep CR507 to remove any remaining debris, stone and dust.

Tentative schedule within two weeks.

Torren

Site Supporter
There's still a few km stretch up near Gooderam that is loose gravel as of yesterday.

voyageur

Site Supporter
I had updated this in the other thread, but posting it here as well.

I rode 507 a couple of weeks back. 5 km section in the middle was loose gravel and construction. Also, there was some sort of construction (piling or something) going on at another spot. But FWIW, I enjoyed the other sections of the road and it was my first time there so not a bad run.

Top Bottom