$5 Weather Proof USB Power Outlet on sale at Princess Auto until Dec 31 2011 | GTAMotorcycle.com

$5 Weather Proof USB Power Outlet on sale at Princess Auto until Dec 31 2011

shoe

Site Supporter
http://princessauto.com/pal/product/8405235/Misc.-Automotive/Weather-Proof-USB-Power-Outlet
8405235.jpg

Weather Proof USB Power Outlet
SKU: 8405235
Weight: 0.26 lbs
Overview
Connects to 12 volt systems for use with most usb devices
Attributes & Specifications Voltage Rating 12v

Have one at home, package says it puts out 5v, 1a.

PC121386.jpgPC121387.jpg

Today at Crappy Tire.
Same thing, 4 x the price!
123.jpg

Is there a fuse on this USB?

Have one at home, package says it puts out 5v, 1a.
Quite misleading because if it was 12v it would burn most usb electronics

Is there a fuse on this USB?

You can always add an inline fuse if required. I have a Distribution block on my bike, ie. all electronics are connected to this source of power which have a relay. It is also fused. Adding electronic adapters would just be a matter of screwing wires to my dist. block

I got one yesterday, it is made of thick plastic and feels very sturdy , it should not disintegrate from bike vibrations. It is not dollar store plastic that is for sure...

Last edited:
Quite misleading because if it was 12v it would burn most usb electronics

I think the 12V refers to the input voltage.

You can always add an inline fuse if required. I have a Distribution block on my bike, ie. all electronics are connected to this source of power which have a relay. It is also fused. Adding electronic adapters would just be a matter of screwing wires to my dist. block

I'd also add a relay to that to kill the power when the ignition is off.
The only thing with the adapter is that it says it's not compatible with Motorola devices.
Some other users have said that they have been using the exact same adapter on their bikes for years without problems. It seems like a solid product. I think it just ended up in PA as an overstock or end of line.
For $5 you can't go wrong.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...Motorcycle-Lighter-Charging-Kits-in-GTA/page2

from that thread. ^^^^^^

had these long time, here you go,...... reason i like it, its really small compared to cig lighter adapters, and most things are USB.
got it from canadian tire, the wiring is about 10ft(with no fusing, which i didn't care, cause i attached it to my plate light, should already be fused).
i did not cut the wire, its just tucked away in there, might need the length someday.

DSC00836.jpg
DSC00835.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

I went to the Mississauga location and they only have 3 left now as of this morning. They were not in the end isles like the staff thought.

You found them?! I went to that location to purchase the power outlet and after waiting around 20 minutes just to talk to the staff, they had no idea where they were. Even after giving them the SKU number, they couldn't find it. One of the managers excuses was that I "Didn't have a picture of the item so she couldn't help me look for it, as she didn't know what it looked like" as well as "The person in charge of this department isn't in today - on a SATURDAY". In total I must have spent over an hour trying to find this thing to no avail.

That was the first time visiting Princess Auto, and even though it seems like a great store with a variety of products, their service was horrible... and all I wanted was that damn $5 USB power outlet! :mad:

That was the first time visiting Princess Auto, and even though it seems like a great store with a variety of products, their service was horrible... and all I wanted was that damn $5 USB power outlet! :mad:

You probably haven't shopped at Crappy Tire yet :rolleyes:

You probably haven't shopped at Crappy Tire yet :rolleyes:

Oh I do, though whenever I walk into a Crappy Tire I expect nothing but the worst, so I'm never surprised ;)

At least with CT I actually end up finding what I'm looking for...

You found them?! I went to that location to purchase the power outlet and after waiting around 20 minutes just to talk to the staff, they had no idea where they were. Even after giving them the SKU number, they couldn't find it. One of the managers excuses was that I "Didn't have a picture of the item so she couldn't help me look for it, as she didn't know what it looked like" as well as "The person in charge of this department isn't in today - on a SATURDAY". In total I must have spent over an hour trying to find this thing to no avail.

ya. i went through the same ordeal. ill sell you one of mine if you don't want to go there again to end up with a bunch of unexpected stuff. I was thinking of putting them all in the end isles knowing the next guy would never find em where found em. or if he did would spend 2 hours browsing for stuff.
I ended up with 5 x http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product/8225401/Step-Drills/3-pc-Step-Drill-Bit-Set
and a hose cutter, some brush on electrical tape and told myself i'll wait for the other stuff to go on sale before i buy anything else. I don't know why that store just wants to make you buy stuff.

no one knew where they were. staff tried to claim they were out of stock first. then i corrected them that they were out of stock on the on line store. plus I showed them a picture i printed off the website. they were hanging up on those hangers and had 1 left on each hook. if you were browsing looking down most of the time you would have missed em. i remember they were about 3 - 5 feet from the end of the isles. wish there was a map so i could point to where i thought i got them.

I picked up two when they were on sale last month. It was my first time there so my buddy and I walked up and down every aisle just checking the whole store out. We ended up finding them in a couple places in the clearance aisles.

Back
Top Bottom