37 DAYS TO RIDING SEASON THREAD | GTAMotorcycle.com

37 DAYS TO RIDING SEASON THREAD

Roadghost

It's time to drag myself out to the garage and get the bikes ready for 2019, but starting to get the itch once again. Riding season is pretty much officially open by April 15, the date the average temp is above 0C. Party.

Really nice weather usually happens a week later. Going to have to change the front tire on the Softail. Change rear shocks on the Honda + some seat work. Anyone got big plans for riding in 2019? Anxious to start riding again?

Now you just jinxed the start of riding season ;)...especially with this never ending winter.

For me the season starts full time April 1st, by that date, daytime temps are consistently above 5. The only things that stops me after that date is a sub zero snow/rain day.

Trying to wrap up my winter project bikes before then, hoping parts will arrive in time.

My season starts when the temperature goes above 20 degrees and the roads are completely clean from winter salt and dirt. Anything less than that and I won't ride. Bikes are purely for fun for me, not commuting and the weather has to be perfect.

Daytime temps sunny 5c or higher I'll be out. First week of April hopefully?

April 15, 2018.

Just saying, for those who have forgotten.

Riding season starts whenever for me. Hopefully sooner than later, but mother nature can be a ***** sometimes.

My season starts when the temperature goes above 20 degrees and the roads are completely clean from winter salt and dirt. Anything less than that and I won't ride.

Must be a pretty short season for you.

April 15, 2018.

Just saying, for those who have forgotten.

Riding season starts whenever for me. Hopefully sooner than later, but mother nature can be a * sometimes.

That was only 1 weekend in April before and after that weekend were good. I started riding, and the photo tag started in March last year.

March 15th 2018
moto%20mar15%202018.JPG

April 20th 2018
moto%20apr%2020%202018.JPG

We have a lot more snow and colder weather hanging around this year... sucks! (dam you groundhog!)
At least some warmer weather is coming around for tomorrow and later in the week. Might be enough to start melting the snow.

???

LOL, yes 2018 was an outlier. But I generally get out April 15 and later and in most years the weather is good.

palm trees and mojitos
and pale, fizzy, total shite Latino beer

is the beer in C. America terrible too, JC?

I'll be riding this week

on an island :)
Nice where?

I kinda was out riding last week, rented one of these while in Barcelona. Amazingly fun! Does about 24 Kph. Covered a ton of the city in a short few hours. This is at the bottom of Las Ramblas at Colon.

elec%20scooter.JPG

Well that is nice. Have you gone to Tibidabo when you were in Barcelona. The road to there is quite nice and the view is amazing

I'm in Cabarete, DR
used to be a very cool little beach/surfer town
mix of locals, expats and very few tourists
have been away for 5 + years
still a cool spot
but it's been really gringo'd out while I was away

I'm in Cabarete, DR
used to be a very cool little beach/surfer town
mix of locals, expats and very few tourists
have been away for 5 + years
still a cool spot
but it's been really gringo'd out while I was away

I was in a surfer town on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica last week and the first half of this week. Lots of fun. Drove 5h to get there from the airport in San Jose precisely to see less tourists. It worked. Had beaches mostly to myself some days.

Back
Top Bottom