3 OPP officers charged, 4 others suspended over towing industry allegations | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

3 OPP officers charged, 4 others suspended over towing industry allegations

No doubt.
A fellow I know well worked over 1200 hours in a soup kitchen for public service, had letters of recommendation from a chief of police and also an inspector from another location. Still had extreme difficulty because of his white heritage (yes, I understand the proactive minority hiring procedure, but if those potential hire-es are lacking, why not go with caucasian?).

He lives in Waterloo, was hoping to get placed in KW or London, no dice... got placed in Jane/Finch of Toronto.
Told me many interesting stories....

The scenario you describe illustrates the core issue with the entire policing system - completely oblivious organizational leadership.

A fellow is by inference, "too white" for Kitchener Waterloo, but appropriate for Jane & Finch. How much more absurd can it get?

I mean for crying out loud, doesn't anybody in leadership EVER visit the real world?

The scenario you describe illustrates the core issue with the entire policing system - completely oblivious organizational leadership.

A fellow is by inference, "too white" for Kitchener Waterloo, but appropriate for Jane & Finch. How much more absurd can it get?

I mean for crying out loud, doesn't anybody in leadership EVER visit the real world?
So the leadership sent a white rookie into the middle of the Jane and Finch shitshow? If anything happened to him or to a resident in the area would the leadership be held accountable?

Do police with seniority get to choose where they patrol? (I know they do less nightshift etc)If so, that needs to get squashed immediately, maybe some police reform... more experienced police should be sent to the more challenging areas. Send rookies to areas they can wet their feet wet instead of throwing them into the deepend.

its a very lucrative business, low investment and cash positive. every gang/organized crime will want territory

its a very lucrative business, low investment and cash positive. every gang/organized crime will want territory
Low investment you say? It's amazing Most of the trucks I see are latest model/ 100 thousand dollar trucks and $10,000 rims on them when it seems all they do is sit on the side of the road %95 of the time. Lucky to get one tow a day I would assume. Shows how lucrative it is though.

Low investment you say? It's amazing Most of the trucks I see are latest model/ 100 thousand dollar trucks and $10,000 rims on them when it seems all they do is sit on the side of the road %95 of the time. Lucky to get one tow a day I would assume. Shows how lucrative it is though.
not even close!

few guys in my riding group are full time truckers, they are plenty busy. day in, day out.

120k to have an operating business isn't a lot of cash , compared to the cost of entry into most small business. You don't get an up and running Tim's franchise for quadruple x 2 that, you pick your own hours mostly, sell some dope out the side window, and $500 undeclared cash is like $1000 you worked for.

I have a meet with Opp on Monday with my buddy. The officer in question is one of their youtube stars.

I will be shocked if the officers get convicted and lose their police salary and pension. The incredibly low code of conduct/standard is only to be followed by the publics low expectation
Do enlighten us as to your knowledge of the incredibly low actual code of conduct standard applied by police services.
How about quoting some facts to support your words. Or is it just a generalization on your part?

Anything a police officer does, even off duty, is subject to the Police Services Act, and that means everything. For example. If an off duty officer gets in an argument with his next door neighbour and ends up telling him to fxxx off, not really a big deal, who hasn’t at some time done something similar. End of story. But, if the neighbour knows he’s a police officer and complains, the officer would be investigated and likely found guilty of the catch all, conduct unbecoming. That’s why if you know any police officers you’ll find they rarely tell anyone except someone they trust what they do for a living?

If these officers aren’t convicted it will be like in any case involving anyone, because the evidence wasn’t there, not because they were given any special treatment.

Do enlighten us as to your knowledge of the incredibly low actual code of conduct standard applied by police services.
How about quoting some facts to support your words. Or is it just a generalization on your part?

Anything a police officer does, even off duty, is subject to the Police Services Act, and that means everything. For example. If an off duty officer gets in an argument with his next door neighbour and ends up telling him to fxxx off, not really a big deal, who hasn’t at some time done something similar. End of story. But, if the neighbour knows he’s a police officer and complains, the officer would be investigated and likely found guilty of the catch all, conduct unbecoming. That’s why if you know any police officers you’ll find they rarely tell anyone except someone they trust what they do for a living?

If these officers aren’t convicted it will be like in any case involving anyone, because the evidence wasn’t there, not because they were given any special treatment.
Wrong, it'll be because they are protected by the thin blue line, and they law they are suppose to uphold don't apply to them in must cases as it's been proven time and time again.
Why do you think public opinion is so low of the police? I would say it's a two tier system

Like others, when I heard the story I thought, "So they'll be suspended with pay through the trial and then for several more years until the police board figures out how to fire them." If they are found not guilty the worst they will face is a temporary reduction in rank.

It's ridiculous.
So. Just because they’re charged, that makes them automatically guilty? And if they are found not guilty, why would they face a temporary reduction in rank? So you’re saying that even if they’re not guilty, they should face a “temporary reduction in rank”?

Doubtful, because anyone with that attitude with a high amount of empathy can put themselves into another persona (that of a brotherhood type cop) and pass, while intentionally scoring lower on analytical parts (did you know cop tests will filter people with high IQs out? lol); check MBTI profiles as there are a few that can pull this off.

I wouldn't make a good cop anyway. If I see **** like that I would make enemies very fast by telling them to stop it....and probably get threatened/blackmailed knowing how the brotherhood of cops work in more rural areas (think GTA is better.....? maybe....? please be better? lol)

Their psych tests aren't hard or proper btw. If they were, we wouldn't see stuff like this all the time.

Navy Seal dude explains, without bashing cops, what's wrong with cops in the South. Who wants a bet that we don't train our cops 20% of the time either?
You really don’t know much about police in Ontario if you honestly think they are anything like the U.S. police officers. Different country, different culture.

Wrong, it'll be because they are protected by the thin blue line, and they law they are suppose to uphold don't apply to them in must cases as it's been proven time and time again.
Why do you think public opinion is so low of the police? I would say it's a two tier system
I didn’t know the criminal courts were run by the police. So when they have their trials the judge will be a police officer? Well I live and learn.

I didn’t know the criminal courts were run by the police. So when they have their trials the judge will be a police officer? Well I live and learn.
Your answers don't make any reference to the questions i asked? thanks

If I go to traffic court to fight a ticket, the guy giving evidence against me is considered a Friend of the Court, I'm not, and his testimony carries more weight than mine. Prove me wrong.

If I go to traffic court to fight a ticket, the guy giving evidence against me is considered a Friend of the Court, I'm not, and his testimony carries more weight than mine. Prove me wrong.
I think this explains “friend of the court” better than I can. 5. Amicus Curiae - Legal Representation of Children in Canada

I assume when you write “the guy giving evidence against me” you mean a police officer. The testimony of a police officer carries a lot of weight, there is no disputing that. The officer is held to a much higher standard than a regular witness due to his position. There’s no disputing that either. Because police are held to a higher standard of conduct their testimony is viewed accordingly.

Traffic court if you’ve ever sat there for any length of time is a public relations court filled with JP’s who will toss out a case on the slightest whim, no matter how damning the evidence is against the person charged.

Traffic court if you’ve ever sat there for any length of time is a public relations court filled with JP’s who will toss out a case on the slightest whim, no matter how damning the evidence is against the person charged.

That's not just traffic court, that is the entire provincial offences system with JP's appointed based on friendship not experience or qualifications. A friend is lawyer that has spent months preparing cases to present to a JP and it is basically a dice roll most of the time as the JP either doesn't bother trying to understand the issues or has decided an outcome prior to listening to the entire case.

Back
Top Bottom