26 years male with m2 (need help about insurance) | GTAMotorcycle.com

26 years male with m2 (need help about insurance)

R_yder

I am getting my m2 soon from rider training institute.

1st time going for insurance and buying a 600-650 cc Honda cbr or Kawasaki

Now please help me,how much a year i am looking at for insurance?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

my bf's son who is 22 in august and will have been licensed with his g for 5 years in october just got his m2 with me the weekend of may 6-8 was quoted as high as $22000/year for a 99 honda cbr600...he also received a low quote of $3400...average quote was $10000/yr...

maybe make some calls before you buy so you know you can afford the bike once you have it...think of alternate bikes you like and get quotes on all of them...

my bf's son who is 22 in august and will have been licensed with his g for 5 years in october just got his m2 with me the weekend of may 6-8 was quoted as high as $22000/year for a 99 honda cbr600...he also received a low quote of $3400...average quote was $10000/yr...

maybe make some calls before you buy so you know you can afford the bike once you have it...think of alternate bikes you like and get quotes on all of them...
Damn....You are scaring me.
But i am 26 years though.Wont that make any difference?
Can you point me out some Insurance company names i can call at for my situation?

When I was 28, I got insured through State Farm with one ticket and one accident on a 1997 YZF 600R for $70/month, liability only.

I would try State Farm in the 600cc range.. maybe not get a super sport bike as your first bike as well.

this is an awesome website for newbies...

http://bestbeginnermotorcycles.com/

as for insurance companies, there are several:
TD Insurance (this is who I'm with and they are the cheapest by far for both my cbr125 and kawasaki vulcan 500)
John R. Duffy
State Farm
The Cooperators
RBC Insurance
Mantha Insurance
Riders Plus

good luck...

p.s....i have a cbr125 for sale if you're interested....

26 y/o male with M1 bought my k6 gsxr600 have been insured since i was 16 and have one ticket on my record and went with state farm agent in Ajax and was quoted 1450/year....called jevco before her and was quoted 12000/year.

Carolyn Maugeri
Carolyn.maugeri.pyk3@statefarm.com

shoot her and email and she will get you a quote next day.
tell her Allen Harvey sent you.

-Allen

26 y/o male with M1 bought my k6 gsxr600 have been insured since i was 16 and have one ticket on my record and went with state farm agent in Ajax and was quoted 1450/year....called jevco before her and was quoted 12000/year.

Carolyn Maugeri

-Allen

the BIG difference here is you've been licensed since you were 16...ryder is JUST getting his M2...

the BIG difference here is you've been licensed since you were 16...ryder is JUST getting his M2...

No . . . 6ix was insured on a car since he was 16 and then got his M1 and bike at 26yo. Ryder didn't indicate how long he has been insured on a car.

Regardless of how cheap SF will insure you, a 600CC sport bike is not suitable for a beginner rider.

OP, since you are over 25yo, you can probably get a reasonable rate through State Farm, but that doesn't mean that the bikes you have posted are suitable for a beginner. They are not. Perhaps you're still in the process of doing your research and that's OK . . . we were all there once. This thread is a must read:

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/s...d-to-buy-your-first-bike-but-don-t-know-which...
Yes i am still searching.But decided to go for sport bike.
Honda cbr600rr or Kawasaki zx6r (2001-2007 model).......these 2 i like
I am buying old one from kijiji ($5000-$6500)
I need to know if i can afford the insurance before i buy

Carolyn Maugeri

-Allen
Thank you Allen for your kind help.
You have been riding for long time,but i am just getting in to it.Never had any vehicle insurance in my life and everyone is scaring me that you can not able to afford the insurance.
I already know which bike i want used Honda cbr600rr (2001-2007 model) ($5000-$6500 price range)
Now before i buy the bike from kijiji i need to know if i can afford the insurance

^ Statefarm gave me a very good rate for a "new rider" (have been riding before but under a blanket fleet policy or track only so I'm deemed a new rider for insurance purposes).

No multi-line discount, 1000cc aprilia sportsbike, 1 minor ticket, 1780$ liability only or 2050$ with fire and theft thrown in as well.

I dealt with sabrina paul (she's at Caroline Mugeri's office...their number is listed somewhere in this sticky). Excellent service, they call me up same day to respond to e-mails i send.

I would expect to pay around $1100 a year. SF is great for SS bikes, TD might be better with the 650 esp. if you already have insurance with them, or meet their discounts (MSF course, alarm system, professional society member (like PEO), riding years, etc.).

Yes i am still searching.But decided to go for sport bike.
Honda cbr600rr or Kawasaki zx6r (2001-2007 model).......these 2 i like
I am buying old one from kijiji ($5000-$6500)
I need to know if i can afford the insurance before i buy

You have no experience on the road, let alone a bike, and you somehow arrived at the conclusion that you should have a SS bike as your first ride?

You have no experience on the road, let alone a bike, and you somehow arrived at the conclusion that you should have a SS bike as your first ride?

That's because some people are just born with skill.. come on Viffer, you should know this ;) </end sarcasm>

This was my first bike:

12437_0_1_2_vf%20500%20f_Image%20credits%20-%20Ben.jpg

This is my bike now:

22427_0_1_2_vfr%20800%20interceptor%20abs_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg

OP, if you don't want to be paying $$$$ for insurance, look at a Sport Tourer. You probably want a SS because it looks great and all the ladies will flock in your direction.

Look at a Yamaha YZF 600R (my second bike) .. fast, cheap on insurance too! Looks great as well.

train%20tracks.jpg

Thank you Allen for your kind help.
You have been riding for long time,but i am just getting in to it.Never had any vehicle insurance in my life and everyone is scaring me that you can not able to afford the insurance.
I already know which bike i want used Honda cbr600rr (2001-2007 model) ($5000-$6500 price range)
Now before i buy the bike from kijiji i need to know if i can afford the insurance

i would venture to guess that the people giving you low rates are rates that include a discount because of home or auto insurance with the same company.

SF is good for motorcycles and usually the choice for most young, males with sport bikes but the catch is that you have to give them other business (auto/house)

Keep in mind, each rate is driven by your record and postal code.
You have no insurance experience at all, let alone motorcycle insurance and you could possibly live in a highly rated area.

Yes you are 26, but i don't think the "over 25" reduction will even be worth mentioning in your case.

Depending on the bike you pick and its condition..... maybe just liability only? (not recommended)

The best way to get an "afordable" rate for your motorcycle is to tie it in with other products that company can offer.

If you are looking for only motorcycle insurance...it can get pricey.
Don't mean to scare you....but it is just a reality.
Call around. Call different agents.Work the phone and emails.
I hope you find something that works for you.

PS. the ones that quote you $10,000/year - just dont want your business. They are saying "go away" in a nice way.

Last edited:
That's because some people are just born with skill.. come on Viffer, you should know this ;) </end sarcasm>

This was my first bike:

12437_0_1_2_vf%20500%20f_Image%20credits%20-%20Ben.jpg

This is my bike now:

22427_0_1_2_vfr%20800%20interceptor%20abs_Image%20credits%20-%20Honda.jpg

OP, if you don't want to be paying $$$$ for insurance, look at a Sport Tourer. You probably want a SS because it looks great and all the ladies will flock in your direction.

I like your first and current bikes! I'm thinking that I might go back to the VFR for my next bike as well . . . I really loved the VFR750 for an all-around great bike.

i would venture to guess that the people giving you low rates are rates that include a discount because of home or auto insurance with the same company.

SF is good for motorcycles and usually the choice for most young, males with sport bikes but the catch is that you have to give them other business (auto/house)

Keep in mind, each rate is driven by your record and postal code.
You have no insurance experience at all, let alone motorcycle insurance and you could possibly live in a highly rated area.

Yes you are 26, but i don't think the "over 25" reduction will even be worth mentioning in your case.

Depending on the bike you pick and its condition..... maybe just liability only? (not recommended)

The best way to get an "afordable" rate for your motorcycle is to tie it in with other products that company can offer.

If you are looking for only motorcycle insurance...it can get pricey.
Don't mean to scare you....but it is just a reality.
Call around. Call different agents.Work the phone and emails.
I hope you find something that works for you.

PS. the ones that quote you $10,000/year - just dont want your business. They are saying "go away" in a nice way.

The OP will get a decent rate through SF, regardless of the fact that he has no car/bike experience and is on a SS bike. SF is really not doing inexperienced riders on SS bikes any favours by allowing them to purchase and insure a bike beyond their means. In addition, SF is allowing inexperienced riders to pollute their motorcycle claims experience, thus leading to premium increases for the experienced riders.

I like your first and current bikes! I'm thinking that I might go back to the VFR for my next bike as well . . . I really loved the VFR750 for an all-around great bike.

Thanks! I fell in love with the VFR since my first bike and waited since 2003 to get my 6th Gen! 8 years later and it's parked happily in my garage <3

Back
Top Bottom