2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 MotoGP Discussion (No Links - Contains Spoilers!)

Marco Bezzechi is gaining a lot of ground and riding very well the last races.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him win at the end of the season.

On a different note.
I really wish Yamaha could get their $hit together and give Fabio a bike to ride

Has Yamaha made any plans beyond the in-line 4?

Not publicly.

I have to believe that is last on their list of things to try as that would probably set them back even more time to get back to competitiveness although it can't get much worse. In the meantime, they're looking at:

1. they want to understand what the fuel change impact will be (2024 to be semi-synthetic; 2027 to be fully synthetic) though I have to believe there are smart people out there that aleady know what the impact will be.

2. They're wanting to see how the new tires work (apparently michelin is constructing a new tire to account for all the aero the bike have)

3. More cynically, i think they're lobbying to remove aero devices and other gizmos (hole shot; rear drop) from the equation.

"Our competition is pushing forward and leaving us behind."

"Do we push forward too sir?"

"No! We do nothing and complain until DORNA changes the rules to hold them back."

"Yes sir. And Frankie sir?"

"We blame him."

"Our competition is pushing forward and leaving us behind."

"Do we push forward too sir?"

"No! We do nothing and complain until DORNA changes the rules to hold them back."

"Yes sir. And Frankie sir?"

"We blame him."

You said it better than me!

Last edited:
More rumours:

There is speculation that Alex Rins has an out clause in his contract which might make him available to Yamaha. It's only speculation though because Rins' contract details of it being a 1+1 were never revealed (like Jorge Martin).

Otherwise, the same speculation has Jake Dixon also a contender for the seat. I don't rate Dixon as I do Morbidelli, but Yamaha will make that change even for just the sake of change.

Last edited:
There is speculation that Alex Rins has an out clause in his contract which might make him available to Yamaha. It's only speculation though because Rins' contract details of it being a 1+1 were never revealed (like Jorge Martin).
You know the Honda is bad when you're thinking of jumping to Yamaha

More rumours:

Otherwise, the same speculation has Jake Dixon also a contender for the seat. I don't rate Dixon as I do Morbidelli, but Yamaha will make that change even for just the sake of change.

The Brits want a limey in MotoGP. Dixon is good friends with FQ and has a decent relationship with Yamaha, I can see this happening.

Folger speaks -

Honda and Yamaha build motorcycles. KTM, Ducati and Aprilia build 2 wheel F1 cars. Interesting take.

I guess the bikes are more racing prototypes than ever before.

L Cecchinelli will respect the contract with Honda until the end of 2024..after that who knows:unsure:(y)

FYI, the new MotoGP app and website have been completely rearranged and the 'No Spoiler' links no longer exist. The VideoPass link is supposed to be 'no spoiler' by default now with the exception of the press conference section at the bottom, but you may want to familiarize yourself with the site before the next race. The video thumbnails for the races usually show the entire field going into turn 1, and at least one of the MotoE thumbnails shows the race winner, so it's debatable how 'no spoiler' they really are.

It looks like the highlight markers have also been removed from the video progress bar during sessions.

The "videpass" section is spoiler free, I hope the removal of highlight markers isn't permanent.

Looks like the video links have been removed from the schedule section of the calendar also.

Maybe it's a work in progress?

There are reports that VR46 is going to be granted a GP24 for Bezzechi next year. That means Bezzechi will not end up at Pramac, which now prevents a VR46 spot to be opened for Morbidelli

His only chance to remain in MotoGP now is with Gresini, which is not guaranteeed - there is a lots of competition for those seats.

No news on what Ducati will do overall - do they have 5 GP24s or only 4 (impacting Pramac)? What level of support will vr46 get? Apparently when Marini had a factory bike, it was only factory spec at the beginning of the year and he did not get updates as the year went on. (he remarked that the GP22 he received for 2023 was much better than the GP22 he had in 2022).

Last edited:
I just noticed that the new Android app silently enabled 'push notifications' without consent, which includes options for race starts, race results and key highlights. Hell no. Dorna, you need to hire some actual developers and not just rely on interns.

I just noticed that the new Android app silently enabled 'push notifications' without consent, which includes options for race starts, race results and key highlights. Hell no. Dorna, you need to hire some actual developers and not just rely on interns.

Spoilers have gotten so bad for racing that I've just gone on a social media break until I've caught up.

Literally 5 minutes after the race, Crash.net is pushing out race results on the news feeds. So you've got to be aware of what time zone the race is and plan accordingly.

Reactions: Ash
I feel like all sports streaming platforms are getting worse...

I subscribed to DAZN to watch European soccer games towards the end of last season on a monthly subscription (on a promotion at a discounted rate). I cancelled once the tournament ended, and received a confirmation email of the cancellation. A month later, I look at my credit card transactions and find out that they're still charging the monthly fee, but now at full price, not the discounted rate. I did not renew my subscription after the cancellation, I had cancelled in accordance with the cancellation policy. Customer service gave me a bit of a run around. Finally got someone on chat to admit that they renewed my subscription because I signed in to the DAZN account on a device! In other words, they restarted the subscription simply because I opened the app on the TV! Ridiculous and clearly not compliant with their Terms of Use. Saved the transcript. Even so, I did not receive an email that they had restarted the monthly subscription, they just took it upon themselves to charge the credit card on file, then updated my account to activate a monthly subscription. Asked for a refund - they say not possible. Asked for removal of credit card information from my account - they say not possible. Asked for deletion of my account - they say only possible after 30 day period post-cancellation. Will have to go through the credit card to dispute the transaction and refuse future transactions from this merchant, or just cancel the card and get a new one. What a waste of time dealing with these scammers...

Dorna has silently re-enabled my MotoGP subscription auto-billing multiple times in the past too. We'll see what happens next season if I choose not to renew the WSBK subscription.

Back
Top Bottom