2023 Day Trips! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2023 Day Trips!

what is mr burns doing taking a vstrom into deep sand tho :oops:

Was that a dig at Mr Burns or V-Stroms?

V-Stroms do fine in deep sand.

2018+suzuki+vstrom+650xt+review+africa.jpg

Not for everyone, but I made a day trip down to GPBikes. Just finished lunch in the Dennys and headed back home soon.

Not for everyone, but I made a day trip down to GPBikes. Just finished lunch in the Dennys and headed back home soon.
Denny's where, at the plaza where the cinema's are in whitby
I haven't been to a Denny's in ages, not many left around GTA.

I wonder if this weekend is too early….somehow got some days off this week and it’s a 5 day weekend for me.

1695658609560.png

Usually around thanksgiving is perfect for Algonquin. But hey a ride is a ride, go enjoy!

With all the idiot tourists and crowds to watch the leaves change colour? No thanks
Oh i know I would go exactly at that time, but around then either before or after. But I think either way it will be hard to avoid those. I've tried mid weekday and there were still people parked and walking across HWY 60.

Oh i know I would go exactly at that time, but around then either before or after. But I think either way it will be hard to avoid those. I've tried mid weekday and there were still people parked and walking across HWY 60.
Yup. I always enter on the east gate and go west as I’ve seen >20km lineups trying to get in from the west. Main issue then is idiots making u turns.

Daughter has a cottage 10km west of Algonquin. The idiots make it really tough for first responders to get in or out. Some of the cottagers have had to hire security to keep the cottage roads open.
Stupid part is, trees have the same colours down here. Citiodts!

I wonder if this weekend is too early….somehow got some days off this week and it’s a 5 day weekend for me.

View attachment 63357
I was looking at the same map this morning ... I'd say next week would be good. 2 years ago, I was out there Oct6-8 and it was PERFECT timing.

Daughter has a cottage 10km west of Algonquin. The idiots make it really tough for first responders to get in or out. Some of the cottagers have had to hire security to keep the cottage roads open.
Stupid part is, trees have the same colours down here. Citiodts!
Just put up some cones as FOTC here near Belfountain...I may need some cones this year.

Just put up some cones as FOTC here near Belfountain...I may need some cones this year.
Cottagers have tried that. The citiodts just move them or run them over. The only thing that works is a security guard or cop.

View attachment 63357
I went through from west to east last Wednesday and I would say it was at least two weeks early, maybe more. Traffic wasn't bad at all. Was out today in Kawarthas and found more colour than Algonquin.

I went through from west to east last Wednesday and I would say it was at least two weeks early, maybe more. Traffic wasn't bad at all. Was out today in Kawarthas and found more colour than Algonquin.
I find Hailburton, Bancroft, Wilberforce, and north end of HWY 35 are good areas for tree colour. The west end of Algonquin the colour tappers off since there seems to be more evergreens that way.

Nice pics

Had time for a quick ride. Went up to Jackson's Point at Lake Simcoe for a coffee and then went home
8mAcDS6.jpg

mTg79SD.jpg

C9Intcx.jpg

aAxB27S.jpg
Yeah great shots!

I've been to that area a million times but I've never been to the actual point, I've always turned off at the park (Bonnie park)
But now I see there is a road to the point itself. :rolleyes:
Next time!

Quick run up to Cheltenham Badlands, FOTC, and Terra Cota. Great riding but the Winston Churchill closure SB really screwed me up as I’m not familiar with the area.

Weird thing…two stupid trains at Mississauga Rd and I left the Scrambler idling. When I went back to it, all the hydraulic pressure was gone and couldn’t get it moving. 2-3min of trying and pressure built back up and the issue didn’t come back.

I assume it overheated itself…can’t explain it any other way.

Back
Top Bottom