2022 Suzukis = bold new graphics and not much else | GTAMotorcycle.com

2022 Suzukis = bold new graphics and not much else

"2022 DR-Z400S is the latest version of the motorcycle that’s the foundation of the modern DualSport movement" made me laugh. I mean... it's technically true

No 1050? Are the panniers included on the 650?

No change is great if you're ever looking for parts.

They still make the 1050, that's not a list of all their bikes, only what's new for now.

I had a 2013 GSX-R600 and I can't spot any differences between it and the 2022 model except the color.

The GSX-S1000 is supposed to be new for 2022, but I don't see it on suzuki's canada site yet. There are also rumors of a touring version called the GSX-S1000T.

They still make the 1050, that's not a list of all their bikes, only what's new for now.

I had a 2013 GSX-R600 and I can't spot any differences between it and the 2022 model except the color.

The GSX-S1000 is supposed to be new for 2022, but I don't see it on suzuki's canada site yet. There are also rumors of a touring version called the GSX-S1000T.
Interesting. Will a GSX-S1000 refresh kill the Katana already? Does anybody care but me?

No new changes to the drz = a 2006 thats the exact same keeps selling for $5k. Nothing bad here. :D Value has hit rock bottom $ for the last 10 years

Looks like they tweaked the DR650 to an S model.

Man, that model seems to have been around a long time, maybe as long as the KLR ?

It still has a temping price.

Suzuki's margins have been declining over the past 10 years and they don't seem to want to invest too much in new products. I think some companies are wary of the future of motorcycling. Firstly the market is in decline because of the high cost of the sport and insurance. Secondly the future of ICE motorcycles is about 13 years - investing in new tech other than electric doesn't seem wise. Thirdly the Indian motorcycle makers show every likelihood of steamrolling the world MC market by producing low-priced fully-loaded models.

I have really been hoping for a rework of the DRZ400 with FI and a few other upgrades. It doesn't appear that any such thing is coming from Suzuki.

I have no reason to believe this won't include motorcycles.
Why not? The word motorcycle doesn't appear anywhere in that article. Surely motorcycles will be exempted given that it's far more difficult to build a practical electric motorcycle vs a practical electric car. Furthermore, they're not bannign ICE cars, only the sale of new ICE cars. It will continue to be legal to purchase a used ICE car.

Why not? The word motorcycle doesn't appear anywhere in that article. Surely motorcycles will be exempted given that it's far more difficult to build a practical electric motorcycle vs a practical electric car. Furthermore, they're not bannign ICE cars, only the sale of new ICE cars. It will continue to be legal to purchase a used ICE car.

exempted for what reason?? motorcycles over here are mostly for leisure, not for actual practicality like in other countries.

and to your point exactly, if they're banning new ICE cars (and by extension, new ICE bikes), why would bike manufacturers bother to dump $ into R&D for new bikes at all?

And here I was getting excited over a potential gsxs1000T

Back
Top Bottom