2021 GTA Photo Tag! | Page 30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2021 GTA Photo Tag!

Old: Falcon Brewing - 30 Barr Rd, Ajax, ON

pmXbpmpOj

Fun little story to go along with my latest tag:

The bike I have, the gauge that shows the fuel range is notoriously bad. Just bounces up and down as it pleases, shows empty when it's not etc. The works.

Various forums I've searched, people have reported they get between 200-250km per tank. I've only had the bike about 8 months or so (half of that winter) and so I haven't really flirted with that limit yet. Always filled up after around 180km just to play it safe.

Well, tonight on my way back from the gun show I decided to test the limits. I didn't have that far to go, so I figured I'd be in the clear... NOPE. 217km is what I got. Ran out of moto juice. Where you may ask? On the 401 of course! Cool cool cool.

All things considered, the location where it happened was fairly lucky. Could have been so much worse. Westbound entering Scarborough, right before the offramp for Kingston/Port Union. Felt it losing power, had to get myself from the fast lane all the way to the right shoulder. Wasn't too busy since it was late at night. Then popped it into neutral and coasted down that little hill. Stopped at the bottom of said hill. Then started pushing. Which quickly became uphill. I knew there was a gas station at Port Union & Sheppard, so I just put my head down and got to pushing.

I'm gonna chalk it up as.. a right of passage?

TL DR.
I ran out of gas on the Hwy. Pushed bike 1km to gas station.

Fun little story to go along with my latest tag:

The bike I have, the gauge that shows the fuel range is notoriously bad. Just bounces up and down as it pleases, shows empty when it's not etc. The works.

Various forums I've searched, people have reported they get between 200-250km per tank. I've only had the bike about 8 months or so (half of that winter) and so I haven't really flirted with that limit yet. Always filled up after around 180km just to play it safe.

Well, tonight on my way back from the gun show I decided to test the limits. I didn't have that far to go, so I figured I'd be in the clear... NOPE. 217km is what I got. Ran out of moto juice. Where you may ask? On the 401 of course! Cool cool cool.

All things considered, the location where it happened was fairly lucky. Could have been so much worse. Westbound entering Scarborough, right before the offramp for Kingston/Port Union. Felt it losing power, had to get myself from the fast lane all the way to the right shoulder. Wasn't too busy since it was late at night. Then popped it into neutral and coasted down that little hill. Stopped at the bottom of said hill. Then started pushing. Which quickly became uphill. I knew there was a gas station at Port Union & Sheppard, so I just put my head down and got to pushing.

I'm gonna chalk it up as.. a right of passage?

TL DR.
I ran out of gas on the Hwy. Pushed bike 1km to gas station.
You definitely earned that tag! 😂

Get anything? Where do you shoot?

On the way to get the tag, cop in the photo followed me for two lights, then makes a u turn with me, then turns onto the side street with me as well. Thought for sure I was getting pulled over. Turns out some guy who was standing right where my bike is in the photo called the cops lol. What a weird coincidence!

On the way to get the tag, cop in the photo followed me for two lights, then makes a u turn with me, then turns onto the side street with me as well. Thought for sure I was getting pulled over. Turns out some guy who was standing right where my bike is in the photo called the cops lol. What a weird coincidence!
A night for cops then..... I was coming across Richmond st downtown on the way to Fort York and there was a cop in front of me. He signals to turn right on John st, so I move left to go around him, he then turns left from the right hand lane. fkr.

Back
Top Bottom