2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2020 Season -- Will the pandemic end it?

Mr. Lowside

The AMA is on the fence as to whether the 2020 season is a go in the midst of the pandemic.

Shameful silence from CSBK regarding its stance.

Joke.

Step up already.

The AMA is on the fence as to whether the 2020 season is a go in the midst of the pandemic.

Shameful silence from CSBK regarding its stance.

Joke.

Step up already.
Canadian Season doesn't start to May so it's too early to comment because who knows what's going to happen.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

doesn't start to May so it's too early to comment because who knows what's going to happen.

x100000 for pretty much everything on the face of the planet right now. 6-8 weeks is a long way away right now when day to day has become the norm. So much could change for the better or the worse in 6-8 weeks.

Whether the season happens or not is not really an AMA or CSBK decision. Public health says no large gathers....then no racing.
It ain't rocket science....

All of these are contingent on local health authorities. I can understand the organising body not wanting to go too far out on a limb because (A) with this virus, things can change in a big hurry, and (B) all sorts of contracts are in place in the background, and breaking a contract without a justifiable reason (e.g. local health authority says no-go) could prove to be very expensive.

Everyone has access to the same information about what the situation is and what the trend is, but nobody's crystal ball is in focus.

Dorna is in the same position. WorldSBK's next scheduled event is 17-19 April ... 4 weeks away. Coronavirus in the Netherlands is on an exponential increase; will the EU's various travel bans be over by then? Officially as of right now the scheduled end date of the travel restrictions is before that, but after that, who knows? MotoGP's next scheduled event is 3 May at Jerez Spain, two weeks later. Who knows?

This is going to go on for months. I sympathise with companies/events organizers that have one annual event per annum or a series of events in different locations across the country as it can be difficult or impossible to reschedule an event. And as mentioned above there can be legal consequences from cancelling so organizers are probably waiting to formalize the cancellation until they can point to a specific order or directive as the cause.

Even if csbk has to cancel the first round wouldn’t be that bad since shannonville is getting 2 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm good to go, Trials events should pose little to no problem unless we are too busy fighting virus battles.

In times of crisis we start to recognize the complexities of organizing events. Whether it's a race or a county fair there are dozens of commitments needed for things to go forward, many dependent of circumstance beyond their control. Usually weather is the biggest problem but now we add Corona.

Who's going to go to an event if there are no food vendors or porta potties. What food vendor wants to bring in food if the public is told to stay away. This isn't Aunt Emma's pot luck picnic.

Kudos to organizers who must be tearing their hair out.

Private track days might be the only thing happening.
Bet those won't happen either things would be a surprise if anything Motorsports happens.i bet the private ambulance won't go even I think this stuff is done till 2021.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

In times of crisis we start to recognize the complexities of organizing events. Whether it's a race or a county fair there are dozens of commitments needed for things to go forward, many dependent of circumstance beyond their control. Usually weather is the biggest problem but now we add Corona.

Who's going to go to an event if there are no food vendors or porta potties. What food vendor wants to bring in food if the public is told to stay away. This isn't Aunt Emma's pot luck picnic.

Kudos to organizers who must be tearing their hair out.
Weather does not matter, food I take with me, the world is my toilet and assuming I can still breath, I can resist giving anyone a hug or handshake for a while (y). So in other words the only thing that will stop me from riding Tweed in April is if Dave cancels it.

Bet those won't happen either things would be a surprise if anything Motorsports happens.i bet the private ambulance won't go even I think this stuff is done till 2021.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Never thought about the ambulance.

Dirt bikes it is then..

Weather does not matter, food I take with me, the world is my toilet and assuming I can still breath, I can resist giving anyone a hug or handshake for a while (y). So in other words the only thing that will stop me from riding Tweed in April is if Dave cancels it.
It's a gathering of more than 50. It should be cancelled like all other gatherings.

It's a gathering of more than 50. It should be cancelled like all other gatherings.
If 50 riders show up that would be a new record.
... and it is in the woods miles from anything :| except Beaver swamps
It is a long way from medical help except for the fact that several riders are full time paramedics.

Back
Top Bottom