2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 Renewal - Increase? Allstate? Is this a joke?

Reading through here I started getting nervous, I've only had my m2 since June 2018 and wasn't sure what to expect this season.
Just got off the phone with riders plus and was surprised at the offer. Both bikes for just under 1900 full coverage, 500 deductible and 1mil liability. About 200 cheaper overall vs. What I was quoted a few months ago.

Somehow I feel like it will go up when I'm ready to sign even though the agent was pretty confident that was the final number...

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Typically rates are attractive when they're trying to sign you up. Also depends a lot on your profile and type of bike you ride. Bottomline, shop every year if you want the best rates.

Mine's been going down every year

Typically rates are attractive when they're trying to sign you up. Also depends a lot on your profile and type of bike you ride. Bottomline, shop every year if you want the best rates.
I have been, td and Allstate were insane with what they quoted me, one close to 3k the other just over.
Dalton Timmis came in about the same as riders plus. My current broker quoted me about 2500 for both, I showed him these quotes to give him a chance to match because a 600 difference isn't insignificant. Waiting for him to reply before I make a decision.
I'm 44, separated male with perfect record, no tickets, accidents or claims for decades. Live north of Toronto. My bikes are both considered sport touring.

Sent from my SM-G965W using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

What? I've heard of people with far more experience getting their bikes dropped.

Lol.

That's not true where did you hear that? They did increase their rates but that's about it..i've received my renewal and so my friends.

That's not true where did you hear that? They did increase their rates but that's about it..i've received my renewal and so my friends.

I got mixed up on the insurance company he was discussing.

So mine is due on April 25th and still haven't received my renewal. How may weeks before date are they usually sent out?

Just received a letter yesterday from echelon saying they’re dropping my insurance, no longer insuring super sport.. reading through here I was starting to panic I wouldn’t be able to find a decent quote especially in the GTA... So after calling pretty much every single insurance, the best rate I got was from Mitchell & Whale got quoted $446 for my ZX6, if I bundle up everything with them... so I suggest you guys give them a try.

Rates went up approximately 10%. No claims etc. Can’t say I’m shocked. Time to shop around, again.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Wow, just took a closer look... rates actually went up 20% all in. Robbery. Talked to a broker at M&W and sounds like I might be able to fix that. We’ll see where the final number comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I wonder if the manufacturers and dealers will lobby the government to "do something" about entire classes of motor vehicles being blacklisted by increasingly cartel-like insurers.

I wonder if the manufacturers and dealers will lobby the government to "do something" about entire classes of motor vehicles being blacklisted by increasingly cartel-like insurers.
Doubtful, our market is too small and less people are buying them anyways. Also, you can certainly continue to get them insured, just at over $3k/yr.

Doubtful, our market is too small and less people are buying them anyways. Also, you can certainly continue to get them insured, just at over $3k/yr.

I’m pretty sure if rates were more reasonable, we would have a bigger market. There’s probably a lot of people who would love to get into riding but just can’t afford it.

I’m pretty sure if rates were more reasonable, we would have a bigger market. There’s probably a lot of people who would love to get into riding but just can’t afford it.
I don't see it. Groms only cost $40 to insure a month, 300s maybe twice that or less.

Just received a letter yesterday from echelon saying they’re dropping my insurance, no longer insuring super sport.. reading through here I was starting to panic I wouldn’t be able to find a decent quote especially in the GTA... So after calling pretty much every single insurance, the best rate I got was from Mitchell & Whale got quoted $446 for my ZX6, if I bundle up everything with them... so I suggest you guys give them a try.

How are the rates of car and home? I found this bundling tactic lowers one policy but others are less competitive

How are the rates of car and home? I found this bundling tactic lowers one policy but others are less competitive

Car not that competitive, for me it’s an extra $150 a year compared to what I’m paying right now, but considering that my bike it’s going to be about half what I was paying it makes up for it... not sure home, but I do have rental insurance as I’m renting at the moment and that as well was half what I’m paying... So over all it is worth it for me, then I’ll see what happens in a year when it’s time to renew, sometimes they just give you this rates to get you in...

What a joke. My policy with 4 vehicles (2 VWs, a GSXR1000, and R1200GSA) just went up $500. My home insurance is up over $100. Combined, over $600 increase this year. Last year was a $400 increase (both bikes went up $200 each for no reason). That's a $1000 increase in 2 years with Allstate with clean record. What the hell justifies these increases? It's clear the industry needs regulation. Time to shop around... I'm not paying $5600 for insurance.

People, go sign the petition that Mad Mike started... please.

So I jumped the gun a bit. With so much shifting in my policy with new vehicles, etc. I got confused. Turns out my vehicle policy last year was $4,735 for the 4 vehicles. My current policy renewal is at $4944, so $200 more, not $500 as previously thought. The 2 bikes went up + one VW, but the other VW went down. Home insurance went up $100. So I'm looking at a $300 increase which is not good, but not as bad as I thought.

I got a quote from Wawa and the bikes were insanely cheap when bundled with home and auto (50% off). $424 for my GSXR1000 and $515 for my BMW R1200GSA. Cars were more expensive than Allstate but overall it worked out to almost $900 less. The problem was the home insurance... $1200 more than Allstate so it worked out to being around $400 more than Allstate overall. Bummer but looks like my Allstate rates can't be beaten for what I need to insure.

Wee bit of props to Dalton Timmis. They called me today offering to switch two of the bikes to a different company, $400 less per year between the two. So now the bikes are split between Aviva and Echelon. Already got the temporary slip by email. No hassles.

Back
Top Bottom