2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links) | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2019 MotoGP Discussion (No links)

Fun vid with the Marquez bros in Cervera:

Honda Thanks day with Cal on an HRC NSR:

The NSR has an insane howl at WOT.

Damn... I just realized now that the year is about to come to an end, its like how I only know Summer is here when LeMans race is on.

Last edited:
He would have given MM93 a run for the championship on the Ducati this year had he not left.

I agree. As soon as they got the bike the way he wanted he won 3 races before the injuries started. He was the only rider fast enough to challenge Marc over a full season, but the injuries and the Honda ended that chance. What a sad way to end a stellar career.

Mark

curious thing is that just about everybody knew the Honda was not suitable for his riding style
Lorenzo must have known it too

did Honda - Puig, snow him into thinking they could make the bike work for his smooth style?

agree it is a sad way to see a guy with still so much left in the tank to go out
busted up because he was on the wrong bike

Interesting read about JLo: Lorenzo's battle back from injury - against his subconscious

He had been riding scared for a while. No sense risking a wheelchair-bound future after winning so much over the years.

Salud Jorge ?

Good read! Thanks for sharing.

Not too much chatter on here after the race. I guess most probably found it as boring as I did lol... I'm glad Zarco is fine after getting wiped out. I think it might have helped that he didn't see it coming and just got completely swept off his feet. It could have been a lot worse if he was still on the ground!

Thoughts on next season? Quartararo's performances have been interesting... If the Yamaha had a bit more power, would he be up there challenging Marc for the title? How will AM73 fare in his first MotoGP season? I really liked watching Brad Binder ride in Moto2 - the most entertaining for me - I hope he has more success than Zarco did with KTM.

Jorge Lorenzo had more smiles on his face and talked to more reporters in the weekend of his retirement than in a long time prior ...

The situation with Zarco is why they always tell you to face traffic when you are in an impact zone, although Zarco proved he's human ... hardly anyone who has just fallen off a race bike has the presence of mind to be thinking about that. Could have been a lot worse, if the incoming bike had tumbled.

Quartararo is supposed to be getting the full factory bike next year, although who knows what the differences actually are. Yamaha needs to work on mo' power for sure.

Having the Marquez brothers as teammates will be really interesting. I predict team orders between themselves ...

I'm not up to speed on the silly season stuff. (Is anyone?) Where's Zarco ending up?

rumors are, Zarco to:

Avintia Ducati
moto 2 and Marc VDS
Pramac, as Miller may take Petrucci's ride

Who could have imagined that would happen?

That Alex got the HRC ride? Well, I suppose anyone who knows that Honda has the best rider on the grid on the most violent and difficult bike and having them together insures he stays on that bike; he alluded to HRC having to 'give him what he wants' leadin ginto this weekend which was probably alluding to his preference on having Alex alongside him. Dorna and HRC probably signed a nice paycheck to JLO to retire and have a nice retirement to get Alex on that bike.

Granted, Zarco is a risk, he's older and can be difficult when the project isn't going his way as seen at KTM, but on talent alone... I'd say Zarco would have been a better bet for a supporting role to pick up points. But then if your main rider can get all 3 championships by himself, in a season where he suprisingly drops it at his favorite track, you just cannot ignore his wishes. Aliex can say whatever he wants, Fabio was told the same thing last year and he has outshined the works Yamaha riders in every conceivable way riding a detuned bike for most of the season. I don't rate Alex anywhere near Marc, Joan is a much better rider than Alex in my opinion.

But GP is a business, not a meritocracy, and HRC need to keep Marc at all costs if they want to continue winning, so after a disappointing season with JLO what did they really have to lose?

Zarco getting wiped out like that was ******* terrifying, it just looked he was in utter pain. Has there been an update? All i see are articles saying he'd rather go to Moto2 than an Avintia, which makes sense. At least if he gets another title there he can at least be in contention for a satellite Yamaha ride in 2021.

Edit: Zarco update on his injuries.

Last edited:
Karl Abraham's fire/retirement was pretty brutal, and harsh:

Its clear that Carmelo wants Zarco in GP class to promote his ambition for the French GP, though Fabio is French, too... so its not hard to imagine he went over to Avintia and told them what's what with the Ducati partnership, but even as a pay rider Karl didn't deserve that. That's a total low blow, but a reminder that the only racing part is 45 mins on Sundays, everything else is a business with bosses that need to pleased.

The politics is what made me turn my back to Motorsports in many ways on a personal level, so its hard not to feel bad for the guy. I can see Brno being a tentative slot on the schedule after this now that he ****** off daddy Abraham, then again... CZ is in dire financial straights, so it may just be the cost of doing business.

re: Zarco - his manager/agent/whatever runs the French GP. That's part of the reason why there is a push to have Zarco on the grid.

I guess Ezpeleta has to basically decide between keeping the French and Czech GPs and he picked the French one

Damn, MotoGP World has gone silent for the year, but a bunch of crazy news has broken if you look for it.

Ianone got suspended for failing drug test, retest scheduled for Jan 7th 2020:

Teams/Manufactures are willing to do a 2 day race weekend in order to keep expanding the slots on the calendar:

Mir's crash is a lot like Rin's crash and impaired his progress of in season development:

Also worth noting, that the 2 riders I saw in Moto3 as possible riders to take on Marc are now on Factory backed machinery: Mir at Suzuki and Binder at KTM. They still need to be further refined, Binder's first season in GP class will be interesting. But i think they're all seeing what Fabio has done on a satellite bike and are getting ready to do that in the coming seasons. I think Mir and Fabio on a Yamaha would be an awesome duo if JLO take the test ride spot.

Mav on a Ducati makes all the sense in the World, especially now that JLO has retired, but I want to seem him back on a Suzuki with Rins to make that bike competitive for a Championship. His stint at Yamaha has not turned as expected, and I'd really like to see what comes from JLO's development for him as a rider as he killed it in the first races on the JLO spec Yamaha in 17' during his debut, but... his riding style is really aggressive, maybe comparable only to Miller's or Marc's, so him on an HRC sounds interesting, but that's Marc's Team and will remain so until he decides to retire.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom