2015 Honda cb300f luggage options | GTAMotorcycle.com

2015 Honda cb300f luggage options

Frank_Fullman

I’m looking for some luggage options for my 2015 Honda cb 300f I was thinking of getting a luggage rack and or saddle bags for my bike but it’s difficult to know how it will fit or if it will fit my bike. Anyone have any suggestions or experience?

Thank you

I had a 2011 CBR250, so very similar bike, and I basically had a full 3 luggage setup with the 2 side E21s, and a single tail bag.

I then purchased a CB500F and used the same bags, and just purchased a new rack.

I've still got the luggage but trying to find an economical GIVI luggage rack set.

Check if the CB300F is a similar frame to the CBR250 (it should be) and they may work on it.

Also most of the stuff I bought for my 250 was from Thailand as they had all the farkles I wanted.

EDIT: Calling @MacDoc as he's a traveller and he's riding a CB300F down in Australia.

You have to be careful of that damn exhaust...exposed can is unreal hot.
Since I'm not doing any more touring have not chased larger storage
Pasted Graphic.tiff
Shad 39L topcase, I have an expandible 21-27 L tank bag for grocery hauling and can overnight easily enough with those two.
I use a 7L tank bag for camera etc.for local rides ( all I do these days...max is about 300 km )
Tough bike for distance in North America ...what do you need the luggage for?

My wife had a Givi rear rack and side racks (for soft luggage) On her CB500F. Soft luggage (also Givi) was inexpensive, waterproof, but a bit of a pain because you needed to be sure the balance was right to avoid it slipping too far to one side. Her aftermarket slip-on melted the corner of one bag because of this.

Thanks for the tips guys :). I want luggage for commuting, doing groceries and for weekend trips. I did a trip to northern Ontario about 6 hrs a couple years ago and wished I didn’t have to carry a backpack for so long, would much rather have my luggage secured to the bike

Does a top case change the handling dynamics of the bike?

The CB500 is very different for luggage ...top case and large tank bag will work fine for the OP on the 300F.
Different how? From a power perspective?

FWIW, my wife didn’t use a top case…just a large dry bag on the rear rack. Soft bags may actually work for the OP. Inexpensive, lighter than a topcase, etc.

Does a top case change the handling dynamics of the bike?
It can catch the wind differently. With the 250/300 being fairly light weight you actually feel the difference quickly. In addition if you overload the back end it’ll start to loosen up the front end as weight balance is transferred to the rear.

My 250 was awesome with the 3 luggage setup. But the 2 side cases were the best for daily commuting. The rear only went on when I wanted to leave the helmet in.

EDIT: my setup was similar to the one listed here…

Did a 4 day camping trip with it, and an Iron Butt 1000 on that bike. My fav bike to date.

I have considered using dry bags, one of my friends hade a 300 cc naked bmw bike and tied a dry bag like the ones used in canoes to the back rack. But I find that even just racks are hard to find for my bike or my bike model isint mentioned in the possible fits

Last edited:
You won't find side racks ..the exhaust is the problem
if you just want a tail rack the Shad rack is well built
Image of Shad Top Master Rear Fitting Honda Cbr125r/cbr250r/cbr300r/cb300f

...top case, tank bag and if you want a dry bag on the buddy seat.
That would give you 82 liters of storage. That's lots for a weeks ride. I went x Canada for 3 weeks with 93 liters.

OXFORD DRYSTASH T15 WP ROLL BAG BLK 15L​

https://fortnine.ca/en/oxford-drystash-bag - cheap too

1652788312265.png

and a nice back rest.

Last edited:
I got a Kriega US-30 that I have used on several different bikes over the years. It requires no racks and will attach to just about any bike.

Looks like this:

6097be6036352789ee7493ce1cbb07bd.jpg

I have considered using dry bags, one of my friends hade a 300 cc naked bmw bike and tied a dry bag like the ones used in canoes to the back rack. But I find that even just racks are hard to find for my bike or my bike model isint mentioned in the possible fits

Your bike is listed for this top case rack…and gives suggestions for compatible top cases.

6955dd263f43c9dba1cf36ae81e4be80.jpg

3817dff255b629f6680b327fba39b882.jpg

Edit: Looks like @MacDoc beat me to it lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a Kriega US-30 that I have used on several different bikes over the years. It requires no racks and will attach to just about any bike.

Looks like this:

6097be6036352789ee7493ce1cbb07bd.jpg
This is nice. And some bikes don't even need the fit kit. Quite pricey though but i guess thats the price for "comfort" lol

Remember Billy Joels "It's still rock and roll to me" with that line "you get more mileage with a cheap pair of sneakers"?
Replace the word sneakers with hockey bag. That bag has been up the JBR twice (couldn't find the pic of it on the back of the klr)
2008 2.JPG2010 46.JPG

You won't find side racks ..the exhaust is the problem
if you just want a tail rack the Shad rack is well built
View attachment 55056

...top case, tank bag and if you want a dry bag on the buddy seat.
That would give you 82 liters of storage. That's lots for a weeks ride. I went x Canada for 3 weeks with 93 liters.

OXFORD DRYSTASH T15 WP ROLL BAG BLK 15L​

https://fortnine.ca/en/oxford-drystash-bag - cheap too

View attachment 55055

and a nice back rest.
That’s a really good option if you want the ultimate storage lol. I guess the main benefit with a top case is that it’s locked and you can still have a passenger, I could always add the dry bag as a extra

Your bike is listed for this top case rack…and gives suggestions for compatible top cases.

6955dd263f43c9dba1cf36ae81e4be80.jpg

3817dff255b629f6680b327fba39b882.jpg

Edit: Looks like @MacDoc beat me to it lol !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you I’ve hade a hard time finding racks for my bike

Back
Top Bottom