2014 KLX250s Dual Sport Evil Bad Idea project | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 KLX250s Dual Sport Evil Bad Idea project

GVH

So Picked up a bad idea project. 2014 KLX250S Enduro Theft recovery. So clean title, needs all plastics, lock set, Signals, seat and tank. Parts will cost just over under $1100 used and chines. I tried to buy this 4 months ago for $500 but lost out. Winner gave up and face booked it. Got it cheap I think.

Cons and we only cons at the moment.

Right controls missing. Starter button, Kill switch
Lock set missing, Wires cut.
Never heard it run or start

So far. Researched wiring pics for are for. Second pic of loose wires. Most likely ignition wires.

auZcqxV.jpg

MuXVG5m.jpg

Try and find an oversized tank that replaces the side plastics. Its carbed, so no fuel pump to worry about.

Keep it. Ride it. Don't fix it and sell it.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

What a mess - would it be worth searching out a stock wire harness to start ?

If it’s too much of a project, I’ll buy it from you. I’m looking for a cheap project to keep up north.

After fiddling with it and searching forums and google I found 2009 wiring pics. White wire is power. ( 3 seconds for first fuse ). White to brown dash lights up and other wires get power. 44k on bike. Solid grey wire touched to white power turn signal indicator on dash lights up. Small 3 wire plug gets power to middle. Crossing red/yellow to red turns on high beam dash light.

I found the right control plug. Y/R to Br is starter bike cranks nicely. B/W to B/Y is kill switch

So at this time it cranks with kill wires crossed or not. Has neutral light on dash but no spark. Spark plug looked original and dead. New plugs no help. I have a few other loose wires to trace.

Well further investigation shows the Grey wire and Black/yellow have a 100 ohms resistor built in the switch. Otherwise no spark

Back
Top Bottom