2011 Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) Fridays Run What you Brung | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Toronto Motorsport Park (TMP) Fridays Run What you Brung

Still happening, and they are now doing Wednesday test-and-tune evenings also - just got an email about it yesterday.

I'm out this week, though - working.

Im prob heading down there....

Just got back ... with lightning in the distance and thunder rumbling!

That was a good time, lots of bikes showed up. Frekeyguy and Wheelieboy made up for arriving late by hot lapping again and again. Never2old got that elusive 9.7 at the end ... bike sounds good. And I still haven't figured out how to get a good launch.

I did learn that my bike is not happy with PetroCanada Ultra 94. Filled up with Shell on the way home to dilute it ... no more lean stumble and miss down low. I already made some changes to the Power Commander map so that it will tolerate it if it happens again ...

Fun night! 2nd time at the drag strip, I was hoping to beat my old time last year of 11.01 but my best time was 11.06 tonight :( Was riding the Black CBR600RR.

R/T 0.671
60' 1.906
330 4.830
1/8 7.212
MPH 105.41
1000 9.280

1/4 11.068
MPH 125.45

Just got back ... with lightning in the distance and thunder rumbling!

That was a good time, lots of bikes showed up. Frekeyguy and Wheelieboy made up for arriving late by hot lapping again and again. Never2old got that elusive 9.7 at the end ... bike sounds good. And I still haven't figured out how to get a good launch.

I did learn that my bike is not happy with PetroCanada Ultra 94. Filled up with Shell on the way home to dilute it ... no more lean stumble and miss down low. I already made some changes to the Power Commander map so that it will tolerate it if it happens again ...

showing up late wasn't half bad at all.....it was quite fun hot lapping, could make quick corrections.

I need to learn to launch properly as well.....

Fun night! 2nd time at the drag strip, I was hoping to beat my old time last year of 11.01 but my best time was 11.06 tonight :( Was riding the Black CBR600RR.

R/T 0.671
60' 1.906
330 4.830
1/8 7.212
MPH 105.41
1000 9.280

1/4 11.068
MPH 125.45

dude! your good at your launches!

I got bored running 10.75 - 10.87 from the onset, with NO improvement anywhere.
I couldn't hit a launch under 2.01 - someone shoot me!
Then I missed 2nd gear. Feeling suicidal, I knew my night was over.

Did most of the 'hardware' pack up after 9:30?
There was no way anyone could hot lap while we were there.

Yes, the cars started packing up not long after you left! Frekeyguy was just coming straight off the return road and back to the staging area. Couple times there were 1 or 2 pairs to wait for and that's it. I was surprised that the cars left so early.

I'm going out shortly to test ride a new PC map ...

R/T 0.671
60' 1.906
330 4.830
1/8 7.212
MPH 105.41
1000 9.280

1/4 11.068
MPH 125.45

Is this a stock bike?? That is extremely fast for a non-pro 600. Well done.

Had a great time as well. Great meeting the rest of you folks. Managed a best 10.7 but definitely left a lot on the table and no chance to catch Gary on the busa. All in all was quite happy for my first time out. Thanks again Gary.

Is this a stock bike?? That is extremely fast for a non-pro 600. Well done.

Yup, its a stock bike. Well, the only thing it has is a slip on which doesnt really do anything for power...

I need to work on a couple of things though. I tend to lean and start turning right after the launch due to bad body position. Also when I get my feet up on the pegs, my weight shifts and I end up doing a wheelie on the top of 1st gear...hopefully I'll fix that for next time....And trying not to do wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeliesssssssssssss :lmao:

Some pics from last night.
I have more & vids - pm if you want them.

4ac609aa-d318-6739.jpg

4ac609aa-d32e-7c42.jpg

4ac609aa-d346-9620.jpg
4ac609aa-d4d9-fd31.jpg

4ac609aa-d50c-cfb3.jpg

4ac609aa-d539-4737.jpg

4ac609aa-d577-f606.jpg

I got bored running 10.75 - 10.87 from the onset, with NO improvement anywhere.
I couldn't hit a launch under 2.01 - someone shoot me!
Then I missed 2nd gear. Feeling suicidal, I knew my night was over.

Did most of the 'hardware' pack up after 9:30?
There was no way anyone could hot lap while we were there.

It's been a while for me but if there are 3 lights for the start, launch on the 2nd one. If your reaction time is slow you shouldn't jump the start by doing this.

It's been a while for me but if there are 3 lights for the start, launch on the 2nd one. If your reaction time is slow you shouldn't jump the start by doing this.

Launching on the 2nd amber will guarantee a red light. Leave on the 3rd amber, and you're gold.
I've been at this for about 34 yrs, but my head was NOT in it last night.
I have some "shameful" video too. It's too pathetic to post....LOL.

Last night was alot of fun...First and only Wednesday night I'll be out this year...Just so turned out I turned my best two passes after pretty much everyone had left...run a 9.71, but a pb of 1.59 60' which is a nice stepping stone to running my 9.5 this year yet...All my shifter issues seem to have been ironed out....Time to put together a new bazzaz fuel map for the muzzy sidewinder pipe to replace the tsukigi map I have used till today..should put out a few more ponies at the top end I'm hoping..Overall alot of fun....and how about that silver twin turbo mustang... WHAT A SLEEPER!!!

Back
Top Bottom