2010 Suzuki GSX-R600 losing power | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 Suzuki GSX-R600 losing power

johnnie_c

To the owners of the 2010 model, have you guys experienced this as yet?

For me, it only started recently at 7000 kms (haven't done much riding since buying the bike back in 2010.)

Well the problem is.... When I cruise in 5th or 6th gear at 6000 to 8000 rpm, the bike seems to lose power (and revs drop) but a couple seconds later the revs pick back up almost violently and there's a surge of power.

After reading one of gixxer.com's 2008 sticky on this subject, it seems weird that this is happening to a 2010 bike.

Anyone with a 2010 have this issue? Have you replaced the o2 sensor? Is there a way to clean the sensor? What is the solution if the o2 sensor isn't the issue?

It's bad Gas. I had a 2010 GSX-R750 with the same issue. Just fill with Quality Brand name fuel from Esso/Shell and you should be ok. Stay away from the Husky stations as they are not so good. Hope this helps.

Gonna have to agree with this one, go thru a fresh tank of gas before digging any deeper into it.
It's bad Gas. I had a 2010 GSX-R750 with the same issue. Just fill with Quality Brand name fuel from Esso/Shell and you should be ok. Stay away from the Husky stations as they are not so good. Hope this helps.

I only use shell v power in the bike.... And I run the tank down pretty low before I refuel. It's happened twice already on different tanks.

Could be totally unrelated but my 07 gsx-r 600 had the same symptoms as what you're having. Mine ending up be a bad connection from the ecu. Pro6 fixed mine up in case yours ends up being the same

I'd switch Gas stations for about 2 tank fulls just to make sure. That way you run out the tank of the bad fuel and have the new stuff to flush out the lines. That Shell 91 may not actually be 91; but a cheaper watered down blend of 89/91. Try it out and report back with your findings. I know it has worked for me.

Okay. Tried the fresh tank of 91. Problem still persists in 5th and 6th gear between 6000 and 7000 rpm.

Any other solutions. Is it the oxygen sensor?

Okay. Tried the fresh tank of 91. Problem still persists in 5th and 6th gear between 6000 and 7000 rpm.

Any other solutions. Is it the oxygen sensor?
The O2 sensor is only used under 30% throttle, so if you think you're at 30% throttle or more, it wouldn't be that.

The problem with the ECU connection, there's a little locking tab on the ECU connector and sometime it can come loose, allowing the "pins" to slide back slightly. At certain RPM's the vibrations are just perfect to cause a bad connection.

-Jamie M.

where is this ecu connection? is it in the fuse box? where would it be located?
The ECU is a big black box, LOTS of wires connect to it. Look up the parts diagram for your bike, should point it out pretty clearly.

-Jamie M.

Did you figure out what it was? Because this started happening to my 08...

What's happening to yours exactly?

Like the same thing as OP....at a steady pace so usually on the highway or something...my bike will lose power for a few seconds and I can't accelerate or anything and then the revs drop..and then out of nowhere it just comes back with a huge burst of power and jerks the bike forward.

Back
Top Bottom