2009 KTM 690 SMC - Cutting Out When Warmed up On Throttle | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2009 KTM 690 SMC - Cutting Out When Warmed up On Throttle

You guys have the same bike? Get together and swap injectors?
We have different years. I have 2013. Don't you guys think there would be other symptoms if it were the injector? Because the bike runs strong and as it should through the full RPM range and with plugs looking good. As long and you don't throttle it past a limit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I think the injector is the same now, the older one (75041023044) has been superseded by a newer one (75041023144). Trying someone else's is a good idea, but it needs to be from a working 690.

It could still be other things for sure.

My 2 trials bikes are several years apart but parts are virtually interchangeable, is awesome for trouble-shooting, if you can replace parts, you can fix one bike and know exactly what the other one needs (y)
Had to do that recently and that's how I discovered the problem was valve clearance adjustment and not a parts problem.
... determined it was valve adjustment by a compression test
:/ and now I know I need to invest in a compression tester that fits the crazy small spark plug.

I think the injector is the same now, the older one (75041023044) has been superseded by a newer one (75041023144). Trying someone else's is a good idea, but it needs to be from a working 690.

It could still be other things for sure.

LOL. Crap, I forgot those are singles! Too used to my twins.

Changed the sparkplug boot and it seems to be running fine going to test a lot over the weekend.

Survived the 15 minute idle reset in this heat.

How cool would that be if it turns out to be the problem!

Wanted to give you guy an update. I've been so fed up with my bike paying insurance and not riding. I decided to bolt everything back on and it magically idles. Its got a new problem now. It keeps popping off the throttle body at the motor.

Wanted to give you guy an update. I've been so fed up with my bike paying insurance and not riding. I decided to bolt everything back on and it magically idles. Its got a new problem now. It keeps popping off the throttle body at the motor.
Back firing through the intake? Missing a bolt? What is providing the force to pop the TB off?

Back firing through the intake? Missing a bolt? What is providing the force to pop the TB off?
Not really back fire I could just probably just make it tighter but it's starting deform the rubber intake hose. I'm thinking Could be a few things... Wrong timing, valves clearance or burnt valves maybe the auto decompresser.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Not really back fire I could just probably just make it tighter but it's starting deform the rubber intake hose. I'm thinking Could be a few things... Wrong timing, valves clearance or burnt valves maybe the auto decompresser.
Well first off the decompressor opens the exhaust valve, not the intake. Burnt valves would show on a compression test. Actually so should valve clearance.

This happens on the Hawk if you don't line up the notch and groove on the boot and intake runner.

Or I might be thinking of the carb and the boot. In any case, worth checking.

690s have a unique FI setup, they use 2 ECUs, both need mapping. This sounds like work for the dealer.

(... Keep Taking Money)

Back
Top Bottom