2009-2012 zx6r Oil change . . . | GTAMotorcycle.com

2009-2012 zx6r Oil change . . .

Cha0s00100

Just a quick questions . . . .

As per the manual you need to use the following amount . . .

3.8L oil when engine is completely dry
3.1L oil with filter change
2.8L oil without filter change

I have been reading around and people are adding up to 4L of oil with a filter change, who wants to chime in their two two cents ?

I have been reading around and people are adding up to 4L of oil with a filter change, who wants to chime in their two two cents ?

Use the sight glass.

Fill it until it is full, go ride and be merry.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Do the oil dump and monitor when filling. Add close to the recommended amount (never over) and then check the level. If it's low, add some.

Use the sight glass.

Fill it until it is full, go ride and be merry.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Do the oil dump and monitor when filling. Add close to the recommended amount (never over) and then check the level. If it's low, add some.

All of the above.

k thanks guys

Id put in about 3.8 then let the bike warm up, shut it off and let the oil settle for a few minutes, then check the level and add oil according to the oil window level. Just make sure you let the bike warm up and pump oil all over before checking the oil level, if you dont it will read higher then actual. As the bike hasn't pumped oil through all the passages and into the oil filter yet, and is all resting in the bottom of the oil pan showing a high level...

just put oil untill the window is 3/4 full then start the bike untill the light goes out. wait 10 min check to see if you need to add more untill the window is at haft wayfull.

does anybody else have this problem with the zx6r. i start my bike but the oil in the window does not go down.when engine is off i have to tilt the bike on it side to empty the window then level the bike to get a new reading in the window..

This is not a problem. Fill oil...let motor run for 10-15 seconds, let it sit for a few mins. check Oil level and top off oil.

You might want someone to guide you through your next one....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom