2007 cbr 125 won't start unless jumped and only runs for a few seconds | GTAMotorcycle.com

2007 cbr 125 won't start unless jumped and only runs for a few seconds

Cbr125guy

Hello I'm new to this and I just bought a 2007 cbr 125 and the guy rode it to my house so I know it runs. When I was cleaning it up I left the lights on and I came back to a dead bike. I tried jumping it with a booster pack and it starts for a few seconds but does and ***** off even when reved. I charged the battery by its self to a full charge but same thing without hooked up to a booster nothing flips no lights nothing, anyone know what's wrong I'm hoping it's just the battery but I don't know because if it turned on it should have stayed on no especially since I charged the battery?

Sounds like the battery isn't taking a charge.
It starts and runs when hooked up to booster cables right?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Used bike, battery is a good place to start, have you visually inspected it?
... if there is a whole bunch of yucky stuff in the bottom of the battery it is done.

The battery looks relatively good im going to get a tester for it this weekend from up north and test it

Oh by the way, your motor is equipped with PGM-Fi don't rev the engine to sort it out, let it idle until it reaches operating temperature,
believe it or not it will sort out most issues on its own, just make sure the idle speed is set correctly.

... also check/clean your air filter.

The link you gave me did not work and no i haven't, ive taken a look at it but i didn't find anything to solve this.

It's a Honda single it has to work.

I was just looking at your manual and there is a whole slew of engine safety cut-out features, your battery might need to be perfect or it might be sensing something wrong.

Is possible. Does your battery charger have a meter
or smart enough circuit on it to tell if it is losing a charge after the battery is left to sit for several hours?

Does the horn and high beam still work? After your starter motor those draw the most power, horn probably won't work good unless it has full voltage. You have to rule out battery related only because you left the lights on and now experience issues, is difficult without the bikes previous history.

No im getting someone to get me their battery tester on the weekend to check but im not sure it shuts off in a few seconds and i dont really wanna jump it again in case it might damage.

I never killed one yet with a jump start, just don't over-heat the starter motor.
... if it always shuts down after 5 seconds it might be a sensor. That's pretty much how long they run if it tips upside down.

Okay i dont have cable or tester on me untill the weekend.
Take the battery out, go to Canadian Tire, they will load test the battery for you -- free.

Back
Top Bottom