1999Suzuki gsx600f katana won't start please help me!!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

1999Suzuki gsx600f katana won't start please help me!!!

So I'm driving home from work on my bike and as I was shifting my clutch lever broke on me so I had to pull to shift. Got home and looked online for a clutch lever found one on Ebay but it hasn't came yet so I got this Yamaha clutch lever kinda like the original put that on. Oh yeah and a reminder it been about three weeks now that I hadn't started the bike it been raining and my bike is under a motorcycle tarp no garage. So I went to start my bike and nothing no sounds no nothing pull in the clutch lever and push the start button but nothing. Normally like before my damn clutch lever broke on me I would put the key in and turn it on pull the clutch in and push the start button and it would start up. I'm lost please help thanks in advance.

Is there any evidence of anything electrical functioning whatsoever?

Transmission in neutral, when you switch on the key, does the green neutral light on the instrument panel come on? Taillight? Oil pressure warning lamp?

No? Dead battery ...

Go to a DEALER and buy the proper lever. The one you got is not engaging the safety switch.

Check the clutch switch one of the wires is probably off test it by connecting the wires together at the perch. Being a Suzuki clutch has to be in to start bike.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Transmission in neutral, when you switch on the key, does the green neutral light on the instrument panel come on? Taillight? Oil pressure warning lamp?

No? Dead battery ...
Yeah all that lights up but I'm going to change it at work tomorrow just to make sure

Yeah the lights works so immature charge it tomorrow at work just to make sure
Not the battery join the wires together at the clutch switch and it will start. Probably not the lever just the switch.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

No? Dead battery ...
Yeah it all come on

OK so the lights come on when you turn the key on. Presumably the "engine stop" switch is also in the run position.

What happens when you press the start button? Select from the following choices:
A. Nothing whatsoever. No click, no engine-turning noise. Neutral light remains on.
B. "Click" and the lights go very dim, but there is no engine-turning noise.
C. The engine sounds like it turns normally but it doesn't start.

The clutch lever actuates a switch on the handlebar. The bike's electrical system requires that switch signal to prove that you are pulling in the clutch lever when starting. An incorrect clutch lever may not operate that switch correctly.

Reactions: TK4
The clutch lever actuates a switch on the handlebar. The bike's electrical system requires that switch signal to prove that you are pulling in the clutch lever when starting. An incorrect clutch lever may not operate that switch correctly.
It should look like this. If the switch is damaged, or the clutch lever isn't activating the switch properly its a no-go.suzuki-gsx600f-1999-x-handle-lever_bigsue0356fig39_01fb.gif

OK so the lights come on when you turn the key on. Presumably the "engine stop" switch is also in the run position.

What happens when you press the start button? Select from the following choices:
A. Nothing whatsoever. No click, no engine-turning noise. Neutral light remains on.
B. "Click" and the lights go very dim, but there is no engine-turning noise.
C. The engine sounds like it turns normally but it doesn't start.

Thanks I thinks it's A my clutch lever well be here Sunday so I should know then.

If that don't fix it get a cheap little multi meter and check your ground connections and fuses etc. etc. It pays large to learn how to read a few simple meter tests like resistance and voltage when you own motorcycles. Even more so when you have to store them in the cold.

So I'm driving home from work on my bike and as I was shifting my clutch lever broke on me so I had to pull to shift. Got home and looked online for a clutch lever found one on Ebay but it hasn't came yet so I got this Yamaha clutch lever kinda like the original put that on. Oh yeah and a reminder it been about three weeks now that I hadn't started the bike it been raining and my bike is under a motorcycle tarp no garage. So I went to start my bike and nothing no sounds no nothing pull in the clutch lever and push the start button but nothing. Normally like before my damn clutch lever broke on me I would put the key in and turn it on pull the clutch in and push the start button and it would start up. I'm lost please help thanks in advance.
Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom