1999 R6 Bogging Issuse | GTAMotorcycle.com

1999 R6 Bogging Issuse

Simply.Smooth

well my r6 started acting up the other day by bogging under heavy throttle. It runs as if the bike is cold , but cuts in and out . If i be easy on the throttle it seems fine , but when i try to crank it it just bogs and take awhile to get up to speed . Im gonna replace the air filter in a few minutes . I just change the fuel filter , gonna change the spark plugs as well . But i also noticed the bike seems to pop alot more when decelerating . This just happen when i was on a steep hill at a red light when i took of it started acting up . Could it be a carb problem ??

Run some sea foam thru the carbs and into the fuel as well .. also check your rectifier/stator if you havent already changed it.

Changing the air filter and plugs are a good step too, if they havent been done in a while.

Ill try the sea foam , i replaced the rectifier and stator at the start of the season . bike idles starts no problem if the helps , lol .. Thanks for quick reply

This heat and humidity will make a carbed bike act up.....especially if your R6 i missing the heat shield under the airbox. Many are. Mechanics or owners take them out for ease of service but the bikes need it there.

well i just change the oil , air filter new gas and bike still hesitating with open throttle . it kicks in and out under heavy acceleration , . I checked the vacuum lines and all seem ok , I guess clean carbs and sync them would be my next option??

will the bike still run if the fuel pump is gone ?? I think im having a fuel pump issuse , so im gonan pull the line fron the carb to see if gas flows

Sure...at idle gravity wil feed the carbs enough fuel. But when throttle is applied under load, the carbs will require 4-5 psi of fuel pump pressure. I had a bad pump in my ZX7 a few yrs back and it would bog whenever I turned corners...once riding straight, gravity would be enough to keep the bike fueled.
Caboose came thru with a used pump and that cured my problem.

Back
Top Bottom