18 Year old CBR 125 insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

18 Year old CBR 125 insurance

Cbr125guy

I'm 18 years old with a M2 license and i also did the safety course to obtain my M2. I have a 2007 cbr 125 and i was quoted by dalton timmis for 250 a month, is that expected what im going to pay or dose anyone think i can get cheaper? If there is anyone who is my age with my bike who could let me know also that'd be great.

ouch, thats 3 grand a year!
good thing you are doing some of your own service work.

... if you ride through most of the winter you should be able to get your money's worth (y)

Ya i know it kinda sucks and ya I'm planning on riding whenever I can so it'll be worth it. I'm hoping it's not going to be that high but whatever if it is. I bought a 125 for this reason also for insurance and it's still pretty high.

Dalton Timmis has the most underwriters of any broker out there in the province, but there are still a few other options, so keep calling around.

Do you have any tickets/accidents on your G class license?

Good decision buying a small bike, but alas, as an 18 year old freshly minted rider it's not going to be "cheap" no matter what.

You may want to just put the bike away for the winter at this point and see if the underwriting market changes for the better next season - this was a pretty brutal one for changes that negatively effected a lot of riders, both new and old alike. Maybe next season will bring some relief. Reality is you've only a few weeks to a month tops before the snow is going to fly anyways. Planning on riding "whenever you can" is a noble desire, but if you haven't experienced riding in cold weather you may find that without some serious hard core gear (which can be costly) you'll struggle with that very quickly as fall drags on.

And confirm you currently hold the full M2, not just recently graduated and still in the M1 to M2 waiting period regardless of having completed the course?

And where do you live? If you are in on of the insurance hotspots in the city (see the link in my signature below) it could also be a very considerable factor.

You might try TD and maybe Desjardins, if they take you on you'll pay peanuts for the period now till the end of Feb (their typical renewal date on new policies) under their prorata schemes.

Another option is to see whether you can attach to your parents policy. Sometimes when you live at home, your policy can be added which gives you the home+auto discounts. If you deal with a insurance company directly they will also be able to separate the billing on a single policy -- mom/dad never get the bike bill.

I actually do need to go upgrade I'm going to do that tomorrow. I checked and my grandparents are with Allstate and they can't insure me. I live in Brampton and I know that's a bad area for accidents.

Ack...yeah, Brampton is the kiss of death for insurance.

I also did a quote for Mississauga at my girlfriends house and it was also 250

Mississauga not much better. Some postal codes are nearly on par with Brampton out there.

Not that it matters much.....you don't want to get into the game of claiming to live somewhere you actually don't just to save some money on car insurance - that's called material misrepresentation and can put you in a world of hurt if you ever actually need that insurance policy for anything.

3 grand a year for a 125 is anal rape rip off territory...They are basically charging you 3k for a scooter that you will ride a few months out of the year,
I would just go to the track or dirt bike riding If I was able to.

A lot of fun, develop a lot of great skills, and you dont have to get raped for lulz by paying that kind of insurance.

I'm not just trying to buy a motorcycle for fun I'm also buying it for a mode of transportation so I really want this because I'm tired of bussing around or just not going

I'm not just trying to buy a motorcycle for fun I'm also buying it for a mode of transportation so I really want this because I'm tired of bussing around or just not going

You dont have a car?
You should get a car, you can use it in the winter, in the snow, in the downpour, you can make out with your girlfriend in it, get groceries. etc etc etc

Or if your hellbent on a bike, see if a 250 is a whole lot more
if not, get a 250 at least so you can eventually do your M test at least, and take it on the highway.

I can't really afford that right now and I'm really set on a bike for now. I'm also getting the 125 because it's very good value. I got it for 950, the fuel is great and it's fuel injection. I'm planning on buying a 250 after I get board of this one which won't be long.

If you're buying a motorcycle to save money, take note...a motorcycle always NEVER saves anyone money.

They're more expensive to insure vs a car, many don't get the stratospheric fuel milage some expect, you'll still end up on the bus 6 months of the year anyways - most new riders seriously over estimate the temperatures at which they will be willing to ride, not to mention snow days and the countless other days when road conditions wouldn't allow you to ride regardless of the fact it may not have snowed for a week.

Have you got some quotes for good old 4 wheel transportation, if it is indeed just transportation you need?

I don't think you'll find it a whole lot cheaper in the end (both my kids were paying around $250/month for their first cages at around your age, and we live in a cheap insurance area) but at least you'll be able to use it 12 months of the year vs 5 or 6.

I'm not trying to save money just that it works out for me. I have a bike already that is running and to buy a already running car would be like at least the years of insurance on my bike and i would probably have to get like a grand done in work.

Dont know the top speed on those, but I cant imagine a 125 using any of the 400 series highways

Back
Top Bottom