17 years old, Vintage bike insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

17 years old, Vintage bike insurance

Hey was wondering when you got your M2? And how long you've had your licence for. I'm 18, i've had my licence for probably almost 3 months, and there's nothing on the market for me... Kanetix, FullThrottle, SF, JEVCO... If only JEVCO didn't merge with Kingsway, i'd have something... :confused1:

You could always go with the Facility Association (the insurer of last resort) if you cannot find an insurer elsewhere, but it won't necessarily be cheap. Send a PM to Avi_Singh and he will let you know the details.

You could always go with the Facility Association (the insurer of last resort) if you cannot find an insurer elsewhere, but it won't necessarily be cheap. Send a PM to Avi_Singh and he will let you know the details.

Yeah, I spoke to Avi about that also, the Facility Association quoted me $3500+ up front, and this is just for a CBR125.

I say go off-road until you get older if you really want to be on a bike.

It's crazy money to pay for running a toy 6 months a year on a street.

I say go off-road until you get older if you really want to be on a bike.

It's crazy money to pay for running a toy 6 months a year on a street.

I'd say that's a bit more expensive. Have to buy the bike, maintain it, but any damaged parts for it. Learn how to ride off road as well, not to mention getting a trailer or something to transport it out of the city, pay for locations etc. Unless you were some rich kid who started when he was really young 'cause his parents would pay for anything it's not really realistic for most people, even compared to having a bike on the road.

I'd say that's a bit more expensive. Have to buy the bike, maintain it, but any damaged parts for it. Learn how to ride off road as well, not to mention getting a trailer or something to transport it out of the city, pay for locations etc. Unless you were some rich kid who started when he was really young 'cause his parents would pay for anything it's not really realistic for most people, even compared to having a bike on the road.

Even if you were riding street, you still have to buy a bike, maintain it, and buy damaged parts for it. The only added cost that you mentioned is the trailer/transportation to get the bike out of the city and to find a place to ride. It doesn't take a heavy-duty trailer to move a dirt bike.

This is why I'm glad that I grew up in a rural community; many of my relatives had farms, and many of these farms had dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and other toys that I could play with. I bought my own snowmobile when I was 14yo, and rode all over the place on the OFSC trails . . . no trailer required . . . just ride right to the trail :D

Even if you were riding street, you still have to buy a bike, maintain it, and buy damaged parts for it. The only added cost that you mentioned is the trailer/transportation to get the bike out of the city and to find a place to ride. It doesn't take a heavy-duty trailer to move a dirt bike.

This is why I'm glad that I grew up in a rural community; many of my relatives had farms, and many of these farms had dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and other toys that I could play with. I bought my own snowmobile when I was 14yo, and rode all over the place on the OFSC trails . . . no trailer required . . . just ride right to the trail :D

Yeah but for somebody like me who would have to pay for it all himself, probably help pay for the gas of the vehicle that's transporting my stuff too, it sounds like it'd be a hell lot more, not to mention learning how to ride on dirt is difficult and would require knowing somebody with that kind of land.

Last edited:
Yeah but for somebody like me who would have to pay for it all himself, probably help pay for the gas of the vehicle that's transporting my stuff too.

True . . . trailer, transportation costs, and inconvenience. Living in the farmland has its privileges :)

hello i have looked everyware and cant seem to find avi phone number for ware he works you happen to know ware i can find it? i need to get in touch with him

I don't think he deals with auto/motorcycles any more, but he works for Cornerstone (and I think their contact info should be in the sticky).

Back
Top Bottom