1,000lb Motorcycle Lift on Sale - Princess Auto | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

1,000lb Motorcycle Lift on Sale - Princess Auto

Comes with this?

I already own a rear stand and the stand that lifts up the bike from the triple tree....
No. Some of them come with wheel chock at the front. I've never seen one include the stands as each bike is different so may not match up.

It makes life just easier, you're young...most of us are older...the body doesn't like being hunched / bent over for hours at a time.

My only concern is when the bike is lifted will it fit under the ceiling. If anything I can just take off the windscreen.

What benefits does this provide ?

You get to work on the bike without hurting your back?

Can I use this to take the front tire off?

All this does is elevate the bike so you can get under it more easily. Saves your neck and back, but also makes it easier to get at things when you're not contorted or lying on the ground with little leverage.

This by itself does nothing to help you remove the front wheel. You need something to raise the bike without touching the front wheel (usually by the fork tube bottoms or the headstock).

This does include a front wheel chock, but all that does is keep the bike upright. It's not very robust-looking, and I wouldn't trust it without tie-downs, so more trouble than it's worth. I use a standalone Baxley or Princess Auto copycat chock instead.

I think the front chock is a waste of money. 90%+ of the time my bike is on the lift I'm planning on removing both wheels, so a chock is just in the way. I use my centerstand and a PA lift under the sump to lift the front wheel, very stable. If you don't have a centerstand then use race stands

1638631625968.jpeg

I think the front chock is a waste of money. 90%+ of the time my bike is on the lift I'm planning on removing both wheels, so a chock is just in the way. I use my centerstand and a PA lift under the sump to lift the front wheel, very stable. If you don't have a centerstand then use race stands

View attachment 52468
I bought this when I grabbed the 1000# lift. Nice set-up.

The chock on this PA lift suggests it'll hold your bike upright, but don't count on it.
I suppose it depends much upon the size of ones front tire...
I can guarantee it will not hold upright a 2018 BMW F800GSA.
'Not even long enough to turn your back on it to grab a tie down strap

Back
Top Bottom