'04 SV650 project bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

'04 SV650 project bike

matt365

I might as well start a thread on my newest project.

Got this as a parts bike off my buddy. He bought it to repair his SV650. 2017- We were riding in West Virginia, near the border with Blouth County (Back of the Dragon), when he hit a deer on his SV. Broke his leg, and his collar bone. Folded the forks when it slid into the guard rail, totaled the front fairing and headlight, and slid on its left side.

Fairings came off this donor bike. He swapped the engine (this one had lower km). He put a gsxr600 front end on his SV.

This bike sat in a garage for three years. He just wanted rid of it, and to not deal with "kij-idiots".

Would make a decent trackbike.

Battery is dead.

Tank smells like bad gas.

Bike won't shift into neutral. -I remember the thread from about two months ago where a guy was trying to sell his SV, and had the same problem... hmmm... My searches came up pretty empty for this issue. I might have to drop the oil pan, and pull the clutch cover to see what I can see.

Looking pretty rough
a5b4aea049c0e757cffe0f03f88b8e1c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Squarest tire I've ever seen.
Shinkos...
Plasti-dipped b.s.

Cut down and poorly welded stock exhaust.
5abb3a094bae2e317ad23265604eac25.jpg

Pretty sure its not worth much. I have the title for it, so its not all bad. If I can figure out the tranny (when he hit the deer, it fell on the left). I wonder if the shift rod got bent, but it goes through the rest of the gears alright. It pushes alright in high gear. I'll pull the tank and drain out the bad gas. See what the air filter looks like, and make sure the throttle body is attached properly. Jump it and see if it starts. Battery is pooched.

If the transmission is screwed, it might be best to part it out.

We shall see.

Not like I needed another project, or that I have any space for it right now, but a free bike is a free bike.

Drained out the skunky gas. My crappy old brake vaccuum bleeder and some 1/4" tube worked well. Elevated in the recycle bin.
5794cda5fb036aac3fc052efb6dd22cb.jpg

Started removing the PAIR system. Cap the lines, hamner flat and flip the reeds.

I need a 10,000 ohm resistor to trick the ecu into thinking the solenoid is still connected.

Less crap in the way.
92c6994ed922c1d75ceb4192e612d381.jpg

Only sv I have seen do that the shift forks were bent in the tranny it was easier to replace the motor than try and fix.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

I've had 2 SVs and they were both kinda weird to shift into N. After a while it would work, but my comparisons and yours are prolly pretty different considering running bikes to crashed write off...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I might as well start a thread on my newest project.

Got this as a parts bike off my buddy. He bought it to repair his SV650. 2017- We were riding in West Virginia, near the border with Blouth County (Back of the Dragon), when he hit a deer on his SV. Broke his leg, and his collar bone. Folded the forks when it slid into the guard rail, totaled the front fairing and headlight, and slid on its left side.

Fairings came off this donor bike. He swapped the engine (this one had lower km). He put a gsxr600 front end on his SV.

This bike sat in a garage for three years. He just wanted rid of it, and to not deal with "kij-idiots".

Would make a decent trackbike.

Battery is dead.

Tank smells like bad gas.

Bike won't shift into neutral. -I remember the thread from about two months ago where a guy was trying to sell his SV, and had the same problem... hmmm... My searches came up pretty empty for this issue. I might have to drop the oil pan, and pull the clutch cover to see what I can see.
Bikes that sit don’t like to go into neutral might just need to be a motorcycle again

Started removing the PAIR system. Cap the lines, hamner flat and flip the reeds.

I need a 10,000 ohm resistor to trick the ecu into thinking the solenoid is still connected.

Less crap in the way.
92c6994ed922c1d75ceb4192e612d381.jpg

Why not just leave the smog pump connected and save yourself the trouble of trying to find a resistor to solder in. I went to 5 electronics stores this week trying to find a 20 ohm 10w resistor this week to do the exact same thing and couldn’t find one and have since decided it’s not worth the hassle. Also worth mentioning, a 10w resistor (which you’ll likely need high wattage) will be extremely hot and you’ll probably need one with a heat sink - better make sure you know what wattage you need. Burning up resistors underneath your gas tank sounds like a bad idea? Measure the resistance of your pump, don’t just solder some resistor in that someone said worked for theirs

Last edited:
Just block off the hoses on your valve cover and leave the pump connected. My tuner told me that most people just put marbles in the hoses of each bank to block off the smog pump on the 636 and it works perfectly fine no need to waste 50 bucks on block off plates

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom