The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread | Page 181 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The Official Ongoing Kitchener-Waterloo and surrounding areas thread

Great ride to start the season off right.
Thanks for the lead Kat and Smergy.... :D

Tori and I had an awesome time! Thanks everyone for a great time, and my apologies to the sweeper for being so slow on my new bike haha. I'm sorry I forgot most of your names already in my defense I met you all after being awake for 24 hours, dang night shift! Well I hope to see you all again!

It was nice meeting you all today. Too bad I couldn't tag along for the ride but I'll come along for the next one for sure. Chaotic don't worry I'll be the one keeping everyone back next time!

great ride, thanks for coming out everyone

Great ride guys, looking forward to getting some nice weather again so we can do it again

Good turnout and thanks for leading boys.

edit

Attachments

• 20130415_175824.jpg
    20130415_175824.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Good showing yesterday. Nice to meet some new riders and to see some riders new rides! :headbang:

Finally got my bike back in town from storage at my parents' place. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next ride =]

I'm pretty sure I rode passed and waved to Tim on Northfield today.

Does anyone know anything about adjusting suspension settings? When I ride over bumps the rear wheel is hitting the license plate and bending it/loosening the nuts and bolts. I may have to get it adjusted or buy a proper fender eliminator kit. Thanks in advance

what bike is it, what suspension do you have on it front/rear, and how much do you weight

anyone want to go for a ride tonight? By the time i get home for work i should be ready to go about 6:15-6:30..hopefully the rain holds off...24 degrees!

what bike is it, what suspension do you have on it front/rear, and how much do you weight

My bike is the 09 SV650S with stock suspension. Talked to the PO yesterday and he says the suspension has never been touched. I weigh ~160 lbs.

I'm going to try adjusting the preload as Bigevil recommended first. The PO weighs more than me and says he has never had this problem before.

anyone want to go for a ride tonight? By the time i get home for work i should be ready to go about 6:15-6:30..hopefully the rain holds off...24 degrees!

It should stop raining by around 4 PM tonight according to the weather network

I would go with that as well, do some reading up on what your adjusting and the result you should expect, racetech has a fair bit of literature on setting sag numbers. Is it that your running out of travel, or is the plate just in the way of the suspension travel?

My bike is the 09 SV650S with stock suspension. Talked to the PO yesterday and he says the suspension has never been touched. I weigh ~160 lbs.

I'm going to try adjusting the preload as Bigevil recommended first. The PO weighs more than me and says he has never had this problem before.

Back
Top Bottom