Motorcycle Spring Show - March 21 to 22nd | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Spring Show - March 21 to 22nd

eh. waste of time IMO. i went on saturday around 1pm. i lucked out on parking and was able to park really close to the door. bypassed the line due to early ticket. got in there and it was insanely packed. also, the fire alarm started going off non stop. it was hot, smelly and loud. i got a huge migraine. my fiancee had a quick meeting from 12-3 so that's why i decided to go, and probably the worst experience. i sat on 2 bikes, r3 and r1. after that i couldn't stand it anymore and left.

wasted time imo.

Bakaboy, didn't see your earlier post, or else would have stopped by and said hi. Did ser the booth and bikes though.
Sinz, congrats. Nice looking bike.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Was it a 2010? That would explain it. I thought it said 2014 and hence I thought it was a killer deal. It had like 5K km on it. Even for a 2010 I guess that's not a bad price but that would make more sense.

I'm not sure. I wasn't there. But. I've been looking on the internet. I remembered a VRF1200. After your post, I re-checked.
It was at GP Bikes - exactly $10,500. To find a '14 at that price would be a "good catch".
If you've already taken one for a demo ride - good. If you haven't - do so prior to purchase! Also, take an ST1300 out before buying the VFR - (IMO it would be a good idea).

I just walked right in , no lines...my only question was, WTF bus route let out here? People lined up hours to get an autograph from the SOA guy, tell me that's not a career low.

I found this interesting:

http://31blk.com/products/31blk-mod-kit-for-the-kawasaki-ninja250-2008-2012

I didn't know these guys were in Toronto. It's a $1700 kit for the 250 or 300. Detachable pillion seat that stores on the bike, basically removes all plastic and replaces with Aluminum bits.
All bolts, even tools included, 100% street legal in Ontario.

BLK_BACK_FULL-72dpi-12x7_1024x1024.jpg

33BLK_Mandy_002_large.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow... I'm a fan of c90 adventures and can't believe i missed him at the show... Whereabouts was his booth?

He had a small space tucked in Hall One. Oh yeah, it was a C90, not a C70. Never heard of him until I saw his awesome bike. Bought his video, it's really well produced.

I'm not sure. I wasn't there. But. I've been looking on the internet. I remembered a VRF1200. After your post, I re-checked.
It was at GP Bikes - exactly $10,500. To find a '14 at that price would be a "good catch".
If you've already taken one for a demo ride - good. If you haven't - do so prior to purchase! Also, take an ST1300 out before buying the VFR - (IMO it would be a good idea).
It wasn't at GP and it had the DTC which is the one thing I didn't like. I'm actually cross shopping with ZX14 and maybe BWM K1200S/K1300S. The ST would be too much touring for me. I want something more on sport side.

Thanks for the compliment Iceman...

The Motorcycle Spring Show is over here in Toronto before riding season starts...I got another 1st place win + cash again under my belt this year so that's 3 out of 3 Shows so far, there was a guy bitching that owns a BMW S1000RR about me winning the last 3 shows and he came in 4th lol! Poor baby has to step up his game if he wants to win so bad!

You mean open his wallet and drop it off at the dealership?

There was my buddies bike in the used section that was for sale 750 VFR for $3500.00

I kinda regret not inquiring about the 2014 VFR 1200 that one of the shops was selling for 10,500 (!!!!) anyone know the name of the shop? I would consider calling them and maybe even buying it.

I was drooling over that one as well! What a beautiful machine. The auto/manual tranny I found intriguing. It looked brand new and the sign posted to it said that it was discounted by 9000.00.

That BLK labs kit...never mind..seems like the owner has issues with delivering...

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=175510&page=3
He finally got it last july. https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showpost.php?p=891398&postcount=175
Seems like the delay was pretty ridiculous like they were making the kit for him from scratch.
The BLK Labs booth and the C90 Adventures booth were my favorites. I was somewhat happy though. I got to sit on a 14' Busa at the Suzuki Newmarket booth, and a new R1M and R3 at the Yamaha booth. I'd sat on a lot of big bikes before but never a Busa. So that was nice. My other half and I got to try on some new helmets- didn't buy anything except a cup holder for my bike. Everything seemed a bit pricier than I can order online for and I'm not 100% info supporting our local Ontario Dealers like Riders Choice and GP Bikes. I bought my Dainese from Riders Choice at the show a few years ago and a seam broke on the neck like a month after I got it. I don't even track ride yet. Never have. I negotiated and dealt with Matt at the show from GP and never said anything to him about it- so I can't say anything else about his or their service. He did give me a decent price at the show though back when i got it.
We were both pretty unimpressed though with the models. We didn't find them very attractive, they had big butts, however they weren't nice bums at all.
I did see an old Honda C110 Super cub or S50 or something in the vintages pickers area. That was good to see. Wasn't even outrageously priced. Running with keys and ownership, second owner and i think 6k for 1200. Bike was missing some stuff probably 75% complete. Nice rare little bike. Besides that everything seemed to adhere to larger 750cc++ bikes- didnt seem to be much for the 500cc or less mark there.
We did go Sunday afternoon though. Show wasn't packed at all. Very small line to get in maybe 5-10 people. Huge line to have a photo and get an autograph from Kim Coates aka Tig from SOA. If the line wasn't huge we would have but not to wait around for an hour for 1-2 minutes with him and shake his hand etc just not worth it.

Was it a 2010? That would explain it. I thought it said 2014 and hence I thought it was a killer deal. It had like 5K km on it. Even for a 2010 I guess that's not a bad price but that would make more sense.

It was a 2014.2014 Honda.jpg

Everything seemed a bit pricier than I can order online for and I'm not 100% info supporting our local Ontario Dealers like Riders Choice and GP Bikes.

I noted that myself on my smartphone while looking at the prices. The good prices were on tiny small stuff or really outdated stuff that never sold in the shops.
Nothing was in my size anyway.

What shop is that? Is it sold?

Edit: ROyal Distributing maybe?

Definitely not Royal, they only carry new MV, no used Hondas.

"You lost 15 friends on motorcycles? and you have only been riding since 2008? was this a group ride that fell off a cliff or are you being serious?"-ZX600

Back
Top Bottom