Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly..... | Page 327 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Law Enforcement - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.....

Who was in the wrong?

• Cop

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Dude who got shot

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 55 50.5%

• Total voters
The main difference being that NTSB is looking for causes for what happened, to make sure that it doesn't happen again, while SIU is looking to see if there will or won't be a prosecution. Releasing evidence can be seen as poisoning the jury pool, which could jeopardize prosecution. Different goals necessitate different models.
Fair enough. In that case SIU should publish their entire report the day they decide that charges aren't warranted. Instead they keep the cloak of silence over everything.

Fair enough. In that case SIU should publish their entire report the day they decide that charges aren't warranted. Instead they keep the cloak of silence over everything.
That, to me, would also be reasonable.

The siu didn't have the notes or the cop's version of the incident.. The crown had a lot more info to work with.
I expect the civil suits will be settled so the only way the public will get any real info is from an inquiry.

IMO.. laying the charge was the right thing to do.. just as I think it's right that they charge citizens caught up in self defence incidents... like the home invasion incident in Milton. Those types of decisions need to be made lawyers and judges...not cops and investigators.

It's happened in wars where the bad guys use women and children as human shields. What are the options?

In this case the police had limited options. "Charges dropped" in this case may be appropriate but the SIU involvement taints the call.

When did they ever call it the other way?

"Charges dropped" in this case may be appropriate but the SIU involvement taints the call.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in an SIU meeting about a cop on cop altercation like the Fonthill Det.-Sgt. Shane Donovan/Const. Nathan Parker shooting and see the underhanded weaseling first hand. Which cop do you keep behind the blue line and which one do you put in front? Can you absolve both or will they just shoot at each other again if it's left in limbo to ferment?

It's happened in wars where the bad guys use women and children as human shields. What are the options?

In this case the police had limited options. "Charges dropped" in this case may be appropriate but the SIU involvement taints the call.

If you're talking about the SIU.. It clears way more incidents than pursues.
The director's reports I posted above are the reports it must put out by law when clearing an incident.

Wringing hands over someone who's a convicted criminal still on probation that assaulted a woman and stole her phone? I'm waiting for the MSM to start reporting on a shortage of pink and electric blue hair dye.

What a dingbat. Is she saying cell phones join the list of things one just gives up without the slightest resistance?
I didn't hear that at all. What I saw was that there's a fair bit of difference between an apprehension and a curb stomping. There's one officer who really needs anger management classes, if not firing.

I didn't hear that at all. What I saw was that there's a fair bit of difference between an apprehension and a curb stomping. There's one officer who really needs anger management classes, if not firing.
Conflicting dialogue:

The guy was yelling indicating confrontational.

Police were at first standing around but dingbat says no one tried to talk to the guy. Maybe dingbat thinks the police were discussing their favourite donuts.

A whole bunch of police. True but it beats not enough and we have another funeral. More than one civilian called 911 so it wasn't just the police with concerns.

Dingbat implies all five officers kick the guy. "Could he have been injured by five officers wearing steel toed boots?"

I didn't hear the woman ask if anyone else was hurt.

This wasn't like the Sammy Yatim incident with him alone on a streetcar getting blasted by a cop who was in no immediate danger.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a cop hugger and more needs to be done socially in the way of prevention but sometimes the do gooders do more harm than good by ignoring the damage to good members of society by the bad.

Conflicting dialogue:

The guy was yelling indicating confrontational.

Police were at first standing around but dingbat says no one tried to talk to the guy. Maybe dingbat thinks the police were discussing their favourite donuts.

A whole bunch of police. True but it beats not enough and we have another funeral. More than one civilian called 911 so it wasn't just the police with concerns.

Dingbat implies all five officers kick the guy. "Could he have been injured by five officers wearing steel toed boots?"

I didn't hear the woman ask if anyone else was hurt.

This wasn't like the Sammy Yatim incident with him alone on a streetcar getting blasted by a cop who was in no immediate danger.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a cop hugger and more needs to be done socially in the way of prevention but sometimes the do gooders do more harm than good by ignoring the damage to good members of society by the bad.
Oh, she was definitely mis-reporting what happens in the video, but go look at the original video.* I can understand the one officer pulling him off the seat, by his ankles. That immediately got him under control with minimal danger. The kicking was completely gratuitous.

*Given the number of incidents in which police have used excessive force, in Toronto, it may tak you a while to find the right story.

What I saw was that there's a fair bit of difference between an apprehension and a curb stomping.

I watched the video. You need to Google curb+stomping.

Oh, she was definitely mis-reporting what happens in the video, but go look at the original video.* I can understand the one officer pulling him off the seat, by his ankles. That immediately got him under control with minimal danger. The kicking was completely gratuitous.

*Given the number of incidents in which police have used excessive force, in Toronto, it may tak you a while to find the right story.
The video I get is blurry but I can make out the kicks

However if more people dumped on the perpetrators peer pressure might reduce the number of cocky jerks and therefore reduce the need for the police to get into an attitude pissing contest.

Cocky seems to be the go to attitude these days. How can I mess up someone’s head. And we tend to pass it on.

The video I get is blurry but I can make out the kicks

However if more people dumped on the perpetrators peer pressure might reduce the number of cocky jerks and therefore reduce the need for the police to get into an attitude pissing contest.

Cocky seems to be the go to attitude these days. How can I mess up someone’s head. And we tend to pass it on.
I would suggest that nothing necessitates a pissing contest, on the police side of the matter.

I guess this cop hasn't watched The First 48. Never looks good when a killer has google search history the next morning of local murders or deaths.

"As for how these stolen items made it to Mollov's home, Borissov said the "best [he] can think of" is that they had fallen inside his vehicle after he walked to Mollov's car to get himself a sandwich while he had the deceased's wallet."

I have no love for Tag but I wouldn't complain if one "fell" into my car.

Back
Top Bottom