Lake Erie Loop 2024 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lake Erie Loop 2024

So no different than checkout counters I’m a grocery store as new lanes open. Idiots with carts or cars.

On a serious matter. I’m getting very intrigued with your trip. I’m tempted to try something like that also and Ontario seems like the best starter option. May give it a whirl with the Duc sometime but comfort level may blow. Probably not much better than your bike for this trek.

Looking forward to learning more as one of my goals is to ride around Superior.
Lake Superior would be a nice ride if you traveled some of the back roads.
You do not see much of the lake on the Trans Canada.

Saturday I was checking times on 2 apps for border crossing delays while watching the traffic cams.
The apps where saying 25 minutes but timing the vehicles visually was giving me 6-8 minutes WTF!!!!!!

Then it would not be the Lake Erie Loop.
The all US route was put in place because the borders where closed due to COVID
There is no recognition for doing this route.
Where does it say there is no recognition for doing the route? I don't see any mention of such on the website.

I get that you may consider it to not be in the spirit of the race, but as a potential newcomer I have nothing to say about what the race is or isn't supposed to be.

Last edited:
I only fully appreciated this line just now. I assume this means you're bringing a support vehicle?
Since he only plans on stopping twice in Canada, a local waiting for him would be simpler than a support vehicle that needs to exceed his average moving speed (which pushes them into heat territory and a chat with cops would mean they were unavailable at next stop).

Where does it say there is no recognition for doing the route? I don't see any mention of such on the website.

I get that you may consider it to not be in the spirit of the race, but as a potential newcomer I have nothing to say about what the race is or isn't supposed to be.
Saying that there is no recognition for doing the Ohio loop was a bit harsh on my part.
The most important recognition is to yourself for completing an adventure.
You will get your name as a participant on the website, just no cheap plastic trophy.
The Ohio loop is probably a "nicer" ride especially on a small displacement motorcycle.
Regardless what route you take I encourage one to test their skills & limits.
I personally avoid the 400's and Interstates and prefer back roads.
The Lake Erie Loop is an endurance run and a logistical challenge.

I am a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group with one of the benefits being members all across Canada
that can offer support to other members in need.

Saying that there is no recognition for doing the Ohio loop was a bit harsh on my part.
The most important recognition is to yourself for completing an adventure.
You will get your name as a participant on the website, just no cheap plastic trophy.
The Ohio loop is probably a "nicer" ride especially on a small displacement motorcycle.
Regardless what route you take I encourage one to test their skills & limits.
I personally avoid the 400's and Interstates and prefer back roads.
The Lake Erie Loop is an endurance run and a logistical challenge.

I am a member of the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group with one of the benefits being members all across Canada
that can offer support to other members in need.
That would indeed be a great boon, to have people waiting for you to gas up your bike, like a pit crew!

My hats off to you for the level of planning you’re undertaking. Good luck! I want to do it but if I do, I would probably be flying by the seat of my pants, going wherever my Zumo says to go, and happy if I didn’t get hemorrhoids.

Last edited:
Since he only plans on stopping twice in Canada, a local waiting for him would be simpler than a support vehicle that needs to exceed his average moving speed (which pushes them into heat territory and a chat with cops would mean they were unavailable at next stop).
Any support vehicle wouldn’t need to go faster than him. They’d just need to keep pace and pull in behind him once he stops for gas/restroom. Although I suppose it is likely they would need gas and a break too.

It would be a nice safety net and I know @guzzirider mentioned a support or follow vehicle before, but it would also be a bigger imposition and would multiply the costs.

Man plans
The Gods laugh

Back
Top Bottom