Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

Hopefully.

Did a little more painting today. Needed a white number plate on the back.

etatugu7.jpg

yguvequ3.jpg

Shot the clear on the upper fairing and handcuffs. Shot the clear on the tail too, but then remembered that I needed a number plate. Not so good close up. Argh.

Looks awesome bud! Are you still going to put the speed squares on?

Yeah, I think so. I'm not sure if I'm doing white blocks or 'outlining' black blocks with some white pin striping. Gonna have to photo shop it.

I was hoping for slicks, but I think they decided to carve a few grooves in them.

Still waiting on the engine - remember I dropped it off the same day as you had lunch with Hazel.

Grabbed some bar end mirrors off eBay. Took a fair bit of work to get them to fit. They don't look too bad and they seem pretty functional.

2yzupavy.jpg

rudanyny.jpg

7y6a3azy.jpg

Looking great brother...I noticed that you are putting on the YPVS decals, on the pic they look a little crooked, line them up with the tank decal angle so it looks symmetrical but keep them in the same spot on the fairings...good job so far!

For sure. That was the plan. I threw it on there to check location. I think I like it there. Thanks for the catch though.

Did this little temp fix tonight. Will get a proper bracket TIG'd up at some point.

umyhu8a9.jpg

Bought a cool little patch for my jacket.

yqybe8ut.jpg

Gonna have to rebuild my front calipers. They are dragging/sticking. Might be able to get away with a good cleaning. Need some investigation.

Added a USB/12v combo outlet to my right bar. Was $10 off fleabay. Now I'll be able to charge my phone. Sorry no
Pics of it yet.

Added this the other day. Haven't wired it in yet. Will charge my phone and powers a 12v outlet

aru6ubeh.jpg

Got my new rubber on now. A couple of problems. My front rim is bent a little. It balanced well enough, but it has some run-out.

My rear tire has a much taller profile than the worn out Battlax that I had on the rim for fit-up purposes. My new rubber hits the hugger fender brace. I can get it to clear if I crank the chain tension. I may be in for a new chain.

7uhu3a9a.jpg

eny5abed.jpg

Looks good with the new rubber.

I wonder how much lighter (if at all) an R6 chassis with an RZ motor hung from it would be. Just a thought.
A friend of mine did a 750 KAwi triple motor in an 89 ZX7 chassis.....it wasn't really any faster than stock, but sure was cooler.

Last edited:
I wonder how much lighter (if at all) an R6 chassis with an RZ motor hung from it would be. Just a thought.
A friend of mine did a 750 KAwi triple motor in an 89 ZX7 chassis.....it wasn't really any faster than stock, but sure was cooler.
That triple would be cool!!! I seen a very nice zxr400 with a kawi tripple.

The rz350 motor would be better in a smaller chassis, I think the R6 chassis is best with the rz500 motor...
last012.jpg

Does look nice!

What's the run out on the front rim? Have you installed new bearings?

I haven't measured it, but you can visibly see it. It will be an issue. Called a bike shop in London that advertises rim straightening. They said $300 for a good new used rim or $200+ to straighten. They sub it out. I called Rim King in TO, they quoted $180-$240 to straighten.

I don't think it's the bearings. The rim spins freely without the calipers (no drag). I have to knock them out to get the rim straightened, so I will probably replace them while they're out.

It might not be lighter, but would definitely be more rigid.

I do believe that the R6 frame is better suited to the 500 engine.

I haven't measured it, but you can visibly see it. It will be an issue. Called a bike shop in London that advertises rim straightening. They said $300 for a good new used rim or $200+ to straighten. They sub it out. I called Rim King in TO, they quoted $180-$240 to straighten.

I don't think it's the bearings. The rim spins freely without the calipers (no drag). I have to knock them out to get the rim straightened, so I will probably replace them while they're out.

Hmm... I've a first gen R1 front end. Keeping everything except the rim. Was going to kijiji it for $80 plus shipping.
Would need to check run out. It's gold, 3 spoke similar style to yours. If your interested...

edit : you can probably find a replacement r6 rim on ebay for cheap.

Last edited:
Hmm... I've a first gen R1 front end. Keeping everything except the rim. Was going to kijiji it for $80 plus shipping.
Would need to check run out. It's gold, 3 spoke similar style to yours. If your interested...

edit : you can probably find a replacement r6 rim on ebay for cheap.

Defo interested!!

I haven't checked eBay yet. I'd rather buy from you.

I'll pull the rim this weekend and check the run out and get some dimensions.
Hopefully, your r6 rotors will swap over, and the spacers are the same as the r1.

Back
Top Bottom