Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

Picking up my engine parts today. I'm actually close. I can smell the 2 stroke smoke now.

Went to get my parts in Etobicoke. This happened less than 1 km away from my destination.

ve2aha6y.jpg

A flatbed Peterbuilt plowed thru a red light right into us.

On the upside, I had the tow truck driver drag my my car to the engine shop so I could pick up my parts. Lol

Me and my daughters were virtually unscathed. So effin lucky. A few more feet into the intersection and could have been a completely different outcome.

OMG, that is brutal.....

Glad to hear you and the daughters are OK

I would imagine the car is a write off, and why the truck did not stop......sheeeeesh

Well now you really need to get the bike, as now no car.....

Thank GOD no one was hurt.....plastic and metal can be fixed and replaced.....

WOW!!!
Car crash and got your engine parts... that's a lot in one day.

Glad you and your kids weren't hurt.

Really, waaaay too much excitement for me in one day.

I'm feeling the pain of the crash today.

Holy **** brother but I am glad to hear that you & your daughters are ok, machines can be fixed but limbs & lives can't be brought back!

Thanks for the concern guys - much appreciated. Good news is I've had a few days away from work and have been able to get a little work done on my bike.

Got the power valves rebuilt and installed into the jugs. I had to do a little chamfering on my new port job. For some reason that didn't get done by my engine builder.

Found some other things that were not right as well. Not impressed considering what I paid and what I got.

Found some other things that were not right as well. Not impressed considering what I paid and what I got.

Is it too late to take it back and have them do it correctly, probably is and even if they agree, how much more time will you lose by it being back with them to correct the issues.....

Why can't shops do exactly what is asked of them, and what is paid for.....but then again it does not surprise me.....

What's the problems?
I have been dealing with Gord since the seventies and have never had a problem with his work.
I have a pair of stock jugs if you want them.

Is it too late to take it back and have them do it correctly, probably is and even if they agree, how much more time will you lose by it being back with them to correct the issues.....

Why can't shops do exactly what is asked of them, and what is paid for.....but then again it does not surprise me.....

So you're going to tell Gordie Bush how to port an RZ. I am guessing you're not old enough to remember the RZ cup series, you know the one that Gordies' bikes ruled.
... oh and it is pretty hard to put porting "back". What is he supposed to do? Sweep up the filings and glue 'em back on?

If you are into RZs your choices are: Gordie, Willie from Wasp in Ajax, Roger from WickedATV or Scott Clough (Roger and Scott are in Cali). TSS has been shown to be run by a tosser.
I use Roger, but his work ethic leaves some to be desired. (I have an ex Gordie Bush RZ cup bike, so I just copy his porting on RZ stuff).

So you're going to tell Gordie Bush how to port an RZ. I am guessing you're not old enough to remember the RZ cup series, you know the one that Gordies' bikes ruled.
... oh and it is pretty hard to put porting "back". What is he supposed to do? Sweep up the filings and glue 'em back on?

If you are into RZs your choices are: Gordie, Willie from Wasp in Ajax, Roger from WickedATV or Scott Clough (Roger and Scott are in Cali). TSS has been shown to be run by a tosser.
I use Roger, but his work ethic leaves some to be desired. (I have an ex Gordie Bush RZ cup bike, so I just copy his porting on RZ stuff).

I am not going to tell anyone anything, but seems Jeff the OP has some concerns about the work performed

and just because Gordie is a pro, don't mean he can't make a mistake.....we all can make mistakes....

What's the problems?
I have been dealing with Gord since the seventies and have never had a problem with his work.
I have a pair of stock jugs if you want them.

Nice offer. Just curious what you'd want for them - always looking for parts.

No one is telling Gord how to port anything. I am old enough to remember the RZ Cup series - for sure his bikes ruled. Fully agree.

I don't have a problem with his porting per se. I was a little concerned that he didn't put any chamfer on the edges of those sharp port edges. Those sharp port edges that will cause premature wear on my brand new rings. People forget things when they are overbooked and behind. I'm sure that my work wasn't high on the priority list and he just wanted it done. I was very patient and let him do his work. I paid good money and was disappointed that I had to clean up the ports myself.

I agree with the choices. There is also another - Slinger (Glyn) if you can get him to take on bike work. I hear that Roger has produced some pretty shoddy work at times. I've tried to stay clear.

I'm sure I'll copy the porting as well. I'll just make sure that the ports get chamfered.

Got some major work done today.

Cases are back together, primary gears, stator/rotor are on. I had the clutch basket on, but I never checked the rivets on the basket - I'll pull it off again tomorrow.

y7egyqyb.jpg

Made this little tool to hold both parts of the clutch together so I could torque the basket nut.

use4ebe3.jpg

For sure - not too far now.

This is the first bottom end job for me. I've had some help from 2SMOKE from the 350 forum.

Back
Top Bottom