Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

I'm hoping to drop off my motor with Gord Bush (in Etobicoke) tomorrow - he will be doing the crank, jugs and port job.

I'm hoping to drop off my motor with Gord Bush (in Etobicoke) tomorrow - he will be doing the crank, jugs and port job.
Awesome!
Have heard some good first hand reviews of Gord. I'm thinking of taking him a set of rz350 barrels I have for another project.
Looking foward to how this turns out! Seems like your gonna have a runner for this summer... if we ever get one.

I dropped my crank and jugs off here today

umu8azuj.jpg

Gord said a minimum of 4 weeks. That's ok, still have some other stuff to get ready.

I will post pics when I get everything back.

Had to buy a new palm sander. I started on the fairing.

a8epapaz.jpg

Mannn I gotta buy a new lower fairing now, my bike just looks incomplete without it. I'd go full streetfighter but I like the fact the windscreen blocks the bugs (and there are lots of them!) and wind.

Yeah, I like the full fairing - at least on this bike. I wouldn't mind another RD that was naked.

Got the majority of old paint off the fairing. Sanded it down to the gelcoat. Next is to do a little bodywork (fill holes in with resin), go over it with some med grit paper then spray some hi build primer on. Making progress...

abeguqet.jpg

Yeah bud, it's getting there...keep up the good work & soon you will be out there riding!

Thanks guys. With the new job, family, etc. not much left over time during the week. I did sand all the resin globs down and got some high build primer out down. It looks grey again, but now all the holes are filled in. Ready for more primer, but I ran out.

ra8unave.jpg

I want to get a bunch of thick layers on, so I have a good sanding base.

Mapping out a cool paint scheme. All black with white speed blocks. The black vinyl is 'black reflective' and will only be seen with direct light.

Thoughts? I'm a vintage minimalist. Lol

6e4y3yru.jpg

I'm a little late but since you have the tz250 front I think you should go something like this, but with your original black and this style white speed blocks and a number board.

bikepics-2666455-full.jpg

I'm a little late but since you have the tz250 front I think you should go something like this, but with your original black and this style white speed blocks and a number board.

bikepics-2666455-full.jpg

I'd like to be able to pull this off in black/white. I think it might need a little additional pin striping to make it look right.

What you could do is have the checkers fading in starting from the front of the bike & then have them fading out at the rear to a number plate if the base colour is black & don't put the Yamaha sticker on the tail...you already have the name on the tank & lower fairing!

Or you can do something simple like this or close to it...
4umy6upy.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely like the number plate on the back. I like the speed blocks from front to back. I like the fading as they go towards the back. Problem is, I don't know how to do that with just a rattle can paint job. That's pretty much what it will be. It will turn out well if I can keep it simple.

I agree, I won't be applying another Yamaha on the tail. I might put the YPVS decal back there.

My plan is to get all the black paint applied first. The tank and fenders will be all black (no additional white), so I will apply the tank decals then clear coat these items. Once that is done, I'll put all the bodywork on and start laying out some sort of speed blocks.

Have you tried the fade technique before? I've put a lot of time and effort into the bodywork this far. I don't want to ef it up. I guess if I can't get the technique down, I can always continue the speed blocks in solid white.

I like the idea of the nozzle attachment. Man, my finger gets sore from those spray
cans. I think that would be a good (under $10) investment. Thanks.

Nope I have never tried it but I am sure that you can practice it on something else before you spray the bike or you can paint the speed blocks solid white then get a sponge & dab it on there to give it a marbleization effect if you screw up on the fading, need a hand? PM me your address and if I got some time I can come up & help you or try to lol! Laying down the pattern plus I would like to see this thing in person!

I usually am free on Sundays & Mondays

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom