Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

Thanks buddy. I'll help you if you need it.
My bodywork Is not going to be perfect. The bodywork is race fiberglass and is far from perfect to start. Lots of patched holes over the last 27 years. Shiny gloss paint only makes it worse.

Got a little overspray going.
eve2y3aq.jpg

Got some 2 part clear down today. Did the tank, font & rear fender. No other colours will be going on them, so I could clear over the black on them.

etera4eb.jpg

eduqagas.jpg

nuqazepa.jpg

I put the vinyl and badge on the black and cleared right over.

Used this
ybapege6.jpg

uqamy2a5.jpg

Sweeeet, and some wet-sanding and polishing should clear up that orange peel no problem, looking good buddy!

It came out great.

y9apeza6.jpg

ega8ute3.jpg

razadaqa.jpg

You're right, a little wet sand and polish - will be all good.

Gotta get more clear, then onto the rest of the fairing.

Beautifull.........

So when do I drop of my tins and that case of beer........????

Nice job buddy....

I did however go out for a 2 hours ride today, and missed all the rain....hehehehehehe

Thanks!! I've been trying to steal any moments that I can to work on it.

Rum.... That'll help persuade me. Lol.

I have a shopping cart at sportbiketrackgear.com with 2 Dunlop Q3's just waiting for me to check out. C'mon first paycheck. Lol.

Cuban or Jamaican, I have a bottle of each....brought over directly from there.......LOL

If I get my garage insulated and heated before winter, I am going to give it a shot, how hard can it be....hehehehe,,,,,,right...

what you didn't go to Pete's Superbike.....LOL

When it comes to rum - it's ALL good.

Yeah, it definitely needs to be heated. Found that out the hard way.

A buddy just ordered some rubber from these guys - great pricing and reasonable shipping. I don't have a lot of spare time now (that I have a job) to be driving all over to pick stuff up. Ordering on line works well for me.

Thanks for the tip.

Got a little white put down tonight. I'm really liking the black/white theme. I'm actually excited.

a9egyseq.jpg

I'll add some vinyl pin striping around the edge to crisp it up. Then clear coat it.

Looks fantastic. That Spraymax clear gives incredible results - nobody believes me when I tell them I painted my bike in my garage with a spray bomb.

Rod

Looks fantastic. That Spraymax clear gives incredible results - nobody believes me when I tell them I painted my bike in my garage with a spray bomb.

Rod

I have only done the tank as of yet with the 2K and it turned out great. Needs a fine wet sand and polish (with some rubbing compound) and should look perfect.

I'm not doing the clear until I have the speed blocks and pinstripes laid out.

I'm happy with it so far.

Bought some Dunlop Q3's last night. Hopefully won't take too long for delivery.

Hopefully.

Did a little more painting today. Needed a white number plate on the back.

etatugu7.jpg

yguvequ3.jpg

Shot the clear on the upper fairing and handcuffs. Shot the clear on the tail too, but then remembered that I needed a number plate. Not so good close up. Argh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom