Bringing Her Back to Life | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bringing Her Back to Life

These pipes are available new, not cheap but look to be top quality. Pm me if you want more details
Cross over with GP exit?
Nice looking pipe. Build quality looks superb.
My guess is shipping from Japan is what brings up the $$.

Any info on performance? From what I've read - good mid range pipe.

Cross over with GP exit?
Nice looking pipe. Build quality looks superb.
My guess is shipping from Japan is what brings up the $$.

Any info on performance? From what I've read - good mid range pipe.

Will grab you more info when I get home.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk

That is a sweet looking set of pipes. They look like the GP exit style. They do look high quality.

I can't use this style. With the mods that I've done, I'm not sure what kind of clearance issues I will have. I'm better off with one pipe/side.

These pipes are available new, not cheap but look to be top quality. Pm me if you want more details

1980460_671895946179080_4584316333989383029_o.jpg

Those pipes look incredible. How much do they cost?

Shot a little black tonight on my tank. Looks black and shiny.

pysamy8a.jpg

runyzy8y.jpg

ugy3ypej.jpg

Need more black paint now!!

I need to sand down my fenders that I had sprayed previously. Didn't turn out well. The colour bloomed (went hazy). I heated the paint cans tonight to see if that would correct the problem.

Last edited:
Not seeming fine to me.
ryma6u5y.jpg

egu2yna6.jpg

du4a4yqa.jpg

Here are the fenders. Colour is crap too. Finish was decent.

ahe9a2aj.jpg

You can see my grease prints after I was handling them.

ypudehyg.jpg

bute4ane.jpg

The paint is gloss lacquer. Looks like the clear and the colour didn't stay mixed well.

Sure, post pics. Thanks.

can you give me details on what you used, paint and clear

was it all in one, or 2 separate cans, one paint and one clear, and any other info you might have, the other site has a pro painter, he has been painting for over 20 years, he might have some idea and suggestions.....

I've posted a pic of the can. It is a gloss black lacquer paint. No clear was used. I had planned on knocking down the gloss after it cured and go with 2K (2 part in a can) clear. I never got that far. I had used this same paint in the summer (higher humidity and temps) without incident.

It wasn't at the recommended temp in my garage at the time. It was cool.

The can that I used to paint the fenders with, was at room temp and shaken well. The fenders look like they oxidized. It did wipe off a little with the grease from my hand. I didn't try to remove it all yet.

The 2 different cans that I had used to cover the tank were shaken well, and much warmer than room temp. I had put them in hot water for a few mins to raise the pressure and warm the paint somewhat.

I've knocked down the gloss from the tank, but realized I didn't have enough black down. I sanded into the primer layer slightly. Really, I need base coat in a can. I'll be covering it with 2K clear eventually.

I really think it had something to do with the temp. Like I said, it went down fine in the summer using my same techniques.
ujezuze4.jpg

Hopefully, this helps.

I have posted on the other site, will let you know.....

so far the thoughts are it was too humid, however being winter and cold, there should not have been humidity,,,,,perhaps it is the cold....

I've painted with dupli-colour in sub-zero temps, just used a heat-gun while I went to flash the paint a little quicker, then brought it inside to cure, never had it go hazy like this unless I sprayed too much or went too heavy with coats and didn't wait for it to flash dry enough in between.

I'm definitely not a pro though lol

Monday is supposed to be 20c. That will be painting day.

Ok dumbass me mixed fiberglass resin hardener with the body filler (Bondo). I remember the Bondo setting up pinkish in colour. Now I know why. The hardener is red. ?. Looks like it's setting up, but taking a lot longer.

The liquid hardener should work since both bondo and fiberglass resin are polyester based. The benifit of the creme hardener is the color change as you noted.

As you likely learned by now the secret to applying bondo is just like that of drywall mud - numerous thin coats and minimal sanding rather than trying to sand down one thick coat.

The liquid hardener should work since both bondo and fiberglass resin are polyester based. The benifit of the creme hardener is the color change as you noted.

As you likely learned by now the secret to applying bondo is just like that of drywall mud - numerous thin coats and minimal sanding rather than trying to sand down one thick coat.

It did start to harden, but there were spots that were tacky. I removed it and started over properly. I wanted this to be a decent job, so I wasn't going to leave it on. All good now.

Too many factors to say what went wrong.
The hazing or discoloration can be caused from
solvant being trapped under layers of paint
Bad paint
Poor temps
Heavy application
****** paint quality
Or my guess all of the above

If your looking for a gloss back that's cheap...
Spay paint the black with any flat or semi black spray paint
Then top coat it with your "2k"
Clear, it will look as nice as it's going to look.

I put the etch and hi build primer on my tank today. Looks thick. Gonna knock it down tomorrow and fill the dents with bondo. More hi build then black.

Wrong
Body filler onto bare steel , then finish then prime. That filler will lift or sink in the sun.
Sorry I saw this too late

Back
Top Bottom