2024 GTA Photo Tag! | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2024 GTA Photo Tag!

And here I was thinking about shooting downtown tomorrow morning to snag it.

Milton now, eh? I think I'll wait for it to trek eastward again perhaps now.

was supposed to be a planning session but was turned into an "everyone share something they love (yes that was the word they used) about everyone else in the meeting"

The last time I was in a meeting where something similarly stupid happened I promptly excused myself with an urgent bathroom matter. Nobody questions urgent bathroom matters. Then I went and sat in a stall for a good half hour and read a book until I was sure that whole bit of nonsense was behind me, went back to work, and got Kudos from some of my coworkers for my quick thinking escape plan.

I'm sure glad I'm not in a job where those sorts of meetings are routine.

The upside to that kind of work is having an excellent assortment of scotch handy.

And here I was thinking about shooting downtown tomorrow morning to snag it.

Milton now, eh? I think I'll wait for it to trek eastward again perhaps now.

The last time I was in a meeting where something similarly stupid happened I promptly excused myself with an urgent bathroom matter. Nobody questions urgent bathroom matters. Then I went and sat in a stall for a good half hour and read a book until I was sure that whole bit of nonsense was behind me, went back to work, and got Kudos from some of my coworkers for my quick thinking escape plan.

Sadly that's only a slight part of the story that was that afternoon. The whole story is even more stupid and nauseating, so a temp emergency exit would've only delayed the inevitable. The true solution is for me to get the hell outta dodge.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

View attachment 66617

Yoink!

Old: Milton historical society waldies blacksmith shop, 16 James St, Milton.
Well that settles it, I'm getting out. I've been waffling with how chilly it is and the impending rain/wind gusts.

Oh and don't trust this guy ever, clearly! :)

"Something, something, shopping in the area, something..." 😝

Well that settles it, I'm getting out. I've been waffling with how chilly it is and the impending rain/wind gusts.

Doesn't the new ride protect well from the wind? That is something I have missed with the new bike.

Doesn't the new ride protect well from the wind? That is something I have missed with the new bike.
Ya, but '8 feels like 3' is still chilly :cry:

Well, actually....lol, yeah, it was entirely "shopping in the area". I honestly didn't plan to go out to the west end of all places, but see that box on the back seat? Some motocamping gear for this summer - saw something popup on FB marketplace that was too good of a deal to pass up and that took me out to the 400 area. At that point, I was still comfotable, so I looked at the radar and decided to YOLO it, only another half hour at that point.

Ya, but '8 feels like 3' is still chilly :cry:

It wasn't bad, good gear makes the difference. Threw on my Tmaxx thermals, heated vest over a few layers, gauntlets....heated seat and grips didn't hurt as well either of course lol. I proudly fly the Iron Butt "Worlds toughest riders" flag, so I need to occasionally actually do tough stuff lol. Honestly, it wasn't that bad out.

Anyhow, new location:

1710620611467.png

Full disclosure, I banked this one yesterday while up that way picking up a pie. Be sure to stop and get a fritter, or any of the other crack they sell.

Last edited:
Well, actually....lol, yeah, it was entirely "shopping in the area". I honestly didn't plan to go out to the west end of all places, but see that box on the back seat? Some motocamping gear for this summer - saw something popup on FB marketplace that was too good of a deal to pass up and that took me out to the 400 area. At that point, I was still comfotable, so I looked at the radar and decided to YOLO it, only another half hour at that point.

It wasn't bad, good gear makes the difference. Threw on my Tmaxx thermals, heated vest over a few layers, gauntlets....heated seat and grips didn't hurt as well either of course lol. I proudly fly the Iron Butt "Worlds toughest riders" flag, so I need to occasionally

Anyhow, new location:

View attachment 66618

Full disclosure, I banked this one yesterday while up that way picking up a pie. Be sure to stop and get a fritter, or any of the other crack they sell.
Saw the box, hence my comment! 😁

It wasn't bad, good gear makes the difference. Threw on my Tmaxx thermals, heated vest over a few layers, gauntlets....heated seat and grips didn't hurt as well either of course lol. I proudly fly the Iron Butt "Worlds toughest riders" flag, so I need to occasionally

Anyhow, new location:

View attachment 66618

Also ordered a new seat, was +$150 for the heated option which included rain covers. F it, why not.

Also ordered a new seat, was +$150 for the heated option

You won't regret it. This is the first bike I've owned with a heated seat, and honestly, it's a game changer for riding this time of year. Much like I find with the heated vest, if you keep your upper core warm your arms and fingers etc seem to be easier to keep warm as well, I've found increasingly that if you keep your ass warm, your lower extremeties seem to stay warmer as well. Plus, it just feels nice lol.

I haven't even tried riding with my usual Wild Ass pad on my seat yet, I'm sure it'll destroy any and all heat transfer, but honestly, the stock seat is actually comfortable. This is the first bike I have ever owned where I've been able to say this, and it was one of the more frequent comments I saw in reivews for this bike. I guess the first day I do any sort of serious big miles I'll have to see how it goes beyond the 3-4 hour point, but thus far for up to 2 hour legs I've done thus far, I'm find the stock awesome. I knew within the first few hours of riding my old Kawi that the stock seat wasn't going to cut it, and then proceeded to go through 4 different seats....and to the very end I was never happy with the seat, although the Ultimate seat I had on it was "the best it was going to get". It was one of the biggest reasons I decided to move on from that bike.

What'd you buy?

New sleeping pad, but a fancier/thick one. I discovered just before my solo "wherever the wind takes me" motocamping trip to the Adirondacks last fall that my old pad had sprung a leak somewhere - I tried to patch it, but I then discovered all week long on that same trip that it only stayed inflated for about 3-4 hours, and waking up in the middle of the night to reinflate it to get through the rest of the night in some semblence of comfort (especially when it was hovering around the freezing point a few nights) really sucked.

With the big JBR trip coming up this summer and at least 6-7 nights planned camping between a few nights planned in motels, plus any other stupid adventures I get up to this summer, getting a comfortable sleeping solution setup again was imperative.

Also ordered a new seat, was +$150 for the heated option which included rain covers. F it, why not.
Which seat did you get?

Ultimate!

Hard to go wrong with an Ultimate. Did you get the backrest as well? Game changer for comfort.

I had one on my old VTX 1300 that was amazing, like an old worn out comfortable pair of jeans.

I was hoping the one I had on the Kawasaki was going to be similarly magical however I think it was just the overall ergonomics and frame design on that bike that still made the seating position uncomfortable for me in the end, no matter what seat I put on.

Hard to go wrong with an Ultimate. Did you get the backrest as well? Game changer for comfort.

I had one on my old VTX 1300 that was amazing, like an old worn out comfortable pair of jeans.

I was hoping the one I had on the Kawasaki was going to be similarly magical however I think it was just the overall ergonomics and frame design on that bike that still made the seating position uncomfortable for me in the end, no matter what seat I put on.
indeed

Back
Top Bottom