2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite! | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite!

Yes they are in financial trouble yet returning to motogp. :rolleyes: Their cars didn't sell here because econo shitboxes was already dominated by domestics and the great honda civic.

Their cars didn't sell here because their lineup was savaged by GM who replaced all the "real" Suzuki products with Daewoo ... and, evidently, Suzuki was not without its share of (mis)management issues - including, as soon as they became independent of GM, they didn't trash all the GM/Daewoo products in their lineup and bring back the "real" Suzuki models that weren't re-branded Daewoo. The Kizashi was actually a pretty decent car, but showed up far too late in the game.

One wonders if the cost-cutting mentality extends outside of the automotive division ...

Still a sick bike and a force to be reckoned with. They still look great too and are afordable:

2009 Suzuki GSX-R 1000,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/barrie/2009-suzuki-gsx-r-1000/1056434529

If I'm BMW, I'd be scratching my head as to why the 200 HP technical marvel is not anialating the GSX-R 1000. It's one bike length behind in a proper shootout and still on top and first choice of many Isle of Mann racers.

Last edited:
Still a sick bike and a force to be reckoned with. They still look great too and are afordable:

2009 Suzuki GSX-R 1000,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/barrie/2009-suzuki-gsx-r-1000/1056434529

If I'm BMW, I'd be scratching my head as to why the 200 HP technical marvel is not anialating the GSX-R 1000. It's one bike length behind in a proper shootout and still on top and first choice of many Isle of Mann racers.
Bro, I 'erd Guy Martin is ditching Suzuki for bmw

Partially because the person riding the bike has more to do with the performance of a bike in anything that requires skill, and partially because at that performance level, some performance potential is wasted in the form of wheelies, spinning, suspension action and a combination thereof.

A ridiculous statistic. The emperor has no clothes.

And most of Aprilia's success in grand prix motorcycle racing was 125 and 250 cc two stroke motorcycles. Not much bearing on North American bikes and current offerings at all. Just saying....

So, you think there is a single bolt on Marquez's bike that you can find on a CBR1000R?

Point is, what happens on the track has little to do with a good street bike or weekend track bike.
Honda does well, but they also spend more than anyone, combined.

For Superbikes, the RSV and the ZX10R have been at the sharp end of the pack for years, but that's more about riders, teams, because unlike cars, riders really matter in racing.

I doubt BMW cares, sales are strong.

Their cars didn't sell here because their lineup was savaged by GM who replaced all the "real" Suzuki products with Daewoo ... and, evidently, Suzuki was not without its share of (mis)management issues - including, as soon as they became independent of GM, they didn't trash all the GM/Daewoo products in their lineup and bring back the "real" Suzuki models that weren't re-branded Daewoo. The Kizashi was actually a pretty decent car, but showed up far too late in the game.

One wonders if the cost-cutting mentality extends outside of the automotive division ...

I've come close to buying an SX4 Crossover a couple times now. Test drove a few and they seem like decent little AWD hatchbacks. One of few available with AWD and manual transmission. If I recall, the Kizashi wasn't available in either AWD nor manual so that turned me away from it.

Suzuki's four-wheeled vehicles have always been the cheap and barely functional choice. Unlike Kia and Hyundai, they've never outgrown that stage and it shows. I honestly don't know why they bother, since they don't seem to be able to make a go of it. They've never bothered to follow the "build a halo car" strategy either, so nothing in their lineup has ever stood out as being more interesting than pure transportation.

There's still a decent market for the old Sidekicks. I bought one last fall for a winter vehicle. Had a VW TD engine. So loud inside you had to wear earplugs to drive it. Was rusted out so bad I couldn't get a safety and no mechanic was willing to work on it. Listed it for $800 less than I had to pay (if you include the tax I paid) with an honest ad saying it was crap. Sold it in 2 days and had a line up of people willing to pay over asking. People were ****** I didn't sell it to them. I was surprised. Should've listed it for higher. Guy bought it as a plow vehicle but loved it so much he made it his DD and thanked me for the great deal 3 days later. Of course he was a dealer so he could just slap a dealer plate on it and not worry about the safety it would fail.

I could've bought a safety but the gf was embarrassed by it (rightly) and wouldn't ride in it unless it was actually safe (it wasn't).

My cool story for the day, lol.

Suzuki's four-wheeled vehicles have always been the cheap and barely functional choice. Unlike Kia and Hyundai, they've never outgrown that stage and it shows. I honestly don't know why they bother, since they don't seem to be able to make a go of it. They've never bothered to follow the "build a halo car" strategy either, so nothing in their lineup has ever stood out as being more interesting than pure transportation.

Having said that, there are too many car companies making too many models, even after 2008.

Having said that, there are too many car companies making too many models, even after 2008.

No kidding. I tried out 18 different cars for our last purchases, and four vehicles for a company vehicle this week. Frankly, vehicles with similar specs are completely different to drive, so you have to go out and spend the time... at least it's usually kinda enjoyable.

4 cylinder bikes should be track only and triples should only be used on the street..

of course I am not bias at all.

I've come close to buying an SX4 Crossover a couple times now. Test drove a few and they seem like decent little AWD hatchbacks. One of few available with AWD and manual transmission. If I recall, the Kizashi wasn't available in either AWD nor manual so that turned me away from it.

I was close to buying one too. The magnetic clutch AWD, that's far from fulltime turned me away.

I was close to buying one too. The magnetic clutch AWD, that's far from fulltime turned me away.
Almost everyone uses that crap now.

^ yea everyone wants to offer "AWD" cuz it sells. I looked at the juke too. Torque vectoring awd sounded pretty good... Nissan knows a few things about awd. Apparently it's crap. Anyways aprillia awd is the best :p

You really only need awd to get unstuck in snow so on demand should be fine for most people. I mostly get it so I can ram my car in and out of 2 foot high snow banks aka Toronto's street parking in the winter.

That said, I have a viscous center diff like Subaru in my current vehicle.

Even Honda's awd doesn't appeal to me that much. Lose an abs sensor and everything stops working.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom