2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 GSX-R design rumors - Flip flopper's Unite!

Early RSV4 prototypes were 220hp. Lord knows what some of the current inline-4 prototypes with offset camshafts made. Once the prototypes meet power and reliability goals, they work on the rider aids such as secondary throttle vanes to temper power delivery and throttle-off engine resistance, etc. etc. They design those engines for high end racing and scale them back for warranty reliability, emissions and rider usability. Just imagine what a 220hp engine with unrestrained power delivery would be like in a 440lb package.

You know, prototype GSX-R 1000s and superstock race setups made 200hp+ in 2000. Suzuki just figured (rightly?) that people would reliably kill themselves on it, if they released that to the public. :D

Unquestionably, a lot has been held back until traction control systems became sufficiently proven and accepted by (most of) the marketplace.

Kawasaki's supercharging system has patents dated 2009 showing virtually the same form that we are seeing now ...

Yes Suzuki does need a new look, I hope the bring back the dual headlights, tweek the plastics, add better electronics on the next model...my favourite is the 1990 model out of all those in the pic!

That 750 evolution isn't accurate. K6 only lasted 2 years from '04-'05, not '03. I had an '03 and it was the previous gen.

Early RSV4 prototypes were 220hp. Lord knows what some of the current inline-4 prototypes with offset camshafts made. Once the prototypes meet power and reliability goals, they work on the rider aids such as secondary throttle vanes to temper power delivery and throttle-off engine resistance, etc. etc. They design those engines for high end racing and scale them back for warranty reliability, emissions and rider usability. Just imagine what a 220hp engine with unrestrained power delivery would be like in a 440lb package.

59005811.jpg

I know, right?!

20150304203443-e2ecad1e.jpg

Last edited:
I always wonder if you guys are going to run out of hooks, even when you're not catching fish.

/me spits out the hook.

Wow, I never noticed that until now.
Go through any thread about a particular model bike. You'll eventually find the post(it's usually page one) comparing it to an aprilia and how much ******** it is.

so much talking about Suzuki.......... lol

i actually admire them for staying the course with the gixxer 1k...electronic aids are ******** imho....unfortunately, the market has spoken and it appears people want that **** on their bikes...im sure the next gen gixxers will be bristling with electronics

i actually admire them for staying the course with the gixxer 1k...electronic aids are ******** imho....unfortunately, the market has spoken and it appears people want that **** on their bikes...im sure the next gen gixxers will be bristling with electronics

If we get one. I'm sure we will, but ... as earlier in the thread before the trolls started fishing, 200hp+ isn't going to be good in the hands of the public without some kind of TC system. My track GSXR is definitely in that neighbourhood and it's ridable on track, on slicks, but on street tires I dunno... maybe it'd be better than I think. It'd probably be ridable enough if you had discipline. Mine still has the secondary throttle plates in, which are designed to blunt the engine's enthusiasm; without, they're effing brutal.

I imagine the lawyers will force them to add TC at least. Maybe something simple like Kawasaki's setup.

I know, right?!

20150304203443-e2ecad1e.jpg

A ridiculous statistic. The emperor has no clothes.

Aprilia comes to that number of "world championship" as a combination of "(grand prix motorcycle racing, Superbike and Off-road)"

Now look at and just consider the competition in the arena of grand prix, superbike and off road....

For example,

Just in motorcycle grand prix, Honda vs Aprilia championships
Honda 63
Aprilia 19.

How about AMA motocross championships
Honda - lots and lots
Kawasaki - lots and lots
Yamaha 19
Suzuki 19
Aprilia 0

World motocross championships
Take your pick of major Japanese and KTM - many
Aprilia 0

WSB championships
Ducati 17
Honda 4
Aprilia 4
Others, 1 or less

Suddenly, Aprilia doesn't look so awesome in the overall context of combined superbike, grand prix and off road championships. And in fact most manufacturers will have Aprilia handily beat in total championships of those combined classes and that total number. Not surprising if you actually look into the details.

And most of Aprilia's success in grand prix motorcycle racing was 125 and 250 cc two stroke motorcycles. Not much bearing on North American bikes and current offerings at all. Just saying....

Last edited:
A ridiculous statistic. The emperor has no clothes.

Aprilia comes to that number of "world championship" as a combination of "(grand prix motorcycle racing, Superbike and Off-road)"

Now look at and just consider the competition in the arena of grand prix, superbike and off road....

For example,

Just in motorcycle grand prix, Honda vs Aprilia championships
Honda 63
Aprilia 19.

How about AMA motocross championships
Honda - lots and lots
Kawasaki - lots and lots
Yamaha 19
Suzuki 19
Aprilia 0

World motocross championships
Take your pick of major Japanese and KTM - many
Aprilia 0

WSB championships
Ducati 17
Honda 4
Aprilia 4
Others, 1 or less

Suddenly, Aprilia doesn't look so awesome in the overall context of combined superbike, grand prix and off road championships. And in fact most manufacturers will have Aprilia handily beat in total championships of those combined classes and that total number. Not surprising if you actually look into the details.

And most of Aprilia's success in grand prix motorcycle racing was 125 and 250 cc two stroke motorcycles. Not much bearing on North American bikes and current offerings at all. Just saying....
Troll

Back
Top Bottom