Zin Motowear??? (Riding Jeans) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Zin Motowear??? (Riding Jeans)

MaksTO

Anyone heard of these guys?

D618 - with Dyneema®

Was just at Studio Cycle Group and they seem to carry a bunch of the product. Bunch of other shops in the GTA seem to have them as well.

Seem like a comparable style to the UglyBROS denim I've seen online. But UB actually seems cheaper even, and at least I've heard of them before.

Hip protection, and knee protection (I plan on throwing some D3O in there). Lined with something called Dyneema? Seems to be a material that exists and isn't just marketing bull... Only weird thing is the way the mesh that holds the hip protection in place is. Just a triangle with connections on top and one on the bottom - worried they might slide all over the place in case the worst happens.

The jeans I was looking at are 11oz slim cut, Dyneema lined, with hip/knee protection. Rated to 7.5m of sliding (whatever that means by their grading system, no mention of speed). Accordion stretch above the knee and butt. Really like the look of them, but at the end of the day if they don't do their job I'm not interested really.

Their website is pretty cringey in that most of their "blog" is how they are featured in fashion shows and ****, but at the end of the day, if they work then that's great.

Most moto denim I find is way too baggy of a cut. I have bigger thighs because I used to cycle, but a closely tapered leg is pretty much a must for me.

'Jeans' style pants may look dorky tucked into boots, hence boot-cut width lower legs. You may also go with an inseam length a little longer than you usually wear. $420 is a little dear for me personally - I'd go for cowhide in that price range.

'Jeans' style pants may look dorky tucked into boots, hence boot-cut width lower legs. You may also go with an inseam length a little longer than you usually wear. $420 is a little dear for me personally - I'd go for cowhide in that price range.
I'm okay tucking into boots, that's probably my preferred option. But yeah the price is, high, to say the least.

Reason for jeans is because I plan to walk in them a ton and ill be downtown in the blistering heat all summer. Mesh is an option, but less good for the whole walking around thing and not looking out of place.

Sub 500CAD for pants would be nice though.

Last edited:
$420 is pretty steep for riding denim. Have you looked into Resurgence or Bullit jeans? Both can be had with a full lining of PEKEV/Kevlar/other proprietary abrasion resistant material, and also comes with or can be fitted with knee and hip armour.

My wife has a pair of fully lined Bullit jeans while I have a pair of fully lined Resurgence jeans, purchased from Royal Distributing and GP Bikes, respectively. Both came with knee/hip armour. Price was $100 and $230, respectively.

The Resurgence jeans with the full liner can get kind of warm for commuting in the summer, but I don't notice a big difference between them and my previous jeans (Dainese Bonneville with kevlar patches on the butt/knee only).

I've also had a pair of Ugly-Bros shovel-K before that, and while I did like the added comfort afforded by the accordion stretch panels above the knee/butt, I much prefer the full PEKEV liner of my Resurgence jeans (bonus that they are CE-rated).

I have no experience with Bullit jeans for men, but my wife likes her's. The Scorpion covert jeans are nice too, and I considered purchasing them online before coming across the Resurgence jeans at GP in person.

Edit: forgot to mention that Resurgence comes in many cuts, with a tapered cut being one of them. Might not be carried locally but can be ordered by a stockist.

It may differ for super-sport riding position where your legs are tucked up, but for any standard or forward control riding position, you can get a nice calf massage from baggy pants flapping at speed.

Walking around all day in public with riding gear may be considered posing.

Reactions: J_F
I use the coverts that Evo posted, can't go wrong with Kevlar and it's half the price

You can always get them refitted to be tapered

I tuck my ressurgence pants into alpinestar smx 6 boots. They are super comfory, fully lines with Kevlar and have D30 hip and knee armo. Knee armoire is adjustable along a Velcro strap so u get the right position. Jean material at stretchy also.
GP bikes and 2wheel carry em.
Couldnt recommend em more. I'll be on my 4th riding season and they've been washed a ton of tunes and are holding up great.

Just wanted to quickly update re Zin pricing at Studio Cycle Group to not confuse anyone as there is no pricing on the SSG site!

They actually seem to have a deal with the brand and told me they are $450 ish a pair, whereas the Zin site has it at about 450 USD. Pro's of dealing with a Canadian brand! Still pricey obviously, but considerably cheaper than expected.

I use the coverts that Evo posted, can't go wrong with Kevlar and it's half the price

You can always get them refitted to be tapered
Thought tapering MC denim would be dangerous, seeing as most of these likely have special or reinforced stitching (id hope...). I'd imagine a tailor or drycleaner would have no idea what to do do reinforce it properly. Maybe I am wrong?

Any tailor worth their salt can do extra stitching. Not sure about how they can work with kevlar etc on the inside.

$450 for pants? yikes... 1/3 the cost of your bike man.

Any tailor worth their salt can do extra stitching. Not sure about how they can work with kevlar etc on the inside.

$450 for pants? yikes... 1/3 the cost of your bike man.
Yeah, just wanted to correct it here so people knew. Still very expensive.

Going to hit up town moto to try these on:
Rev’It Alpha RF Trouser - Black - TOWN MOTO

They still look like they might be a bit loose. But I might taper them. Though you are right about the kevlar. Definitely don't want to mess with those seams...

Thought tapering MC denim would be dangerous, seeing as most of these likely have special or reinforced stitching (id hope...). I'd imagine a tailor or drycleaner would have no idea what to do do reinforce it properly. Maybe I am wrong?
Not a tailor myself but I don't see them removing the original stitching, just adding on. But even at worst you would be losing very little integrity of the jean at the lowest part of the ankle (most jeans don't even have Kevlar there)

Hmmm. 125cc in the city... You're talking bicycle speeds most of the time... How about a pair of Wranglers for $20?

If you need riding pants for the odd sojourn to the burbs, get a pair of cheap Joe Rockets. If you really need the protection, wear the Joes without the liner over your regular pants and spend the money on a small top case to hold them while at work.

I bought a pair of Rokker pants from Mike at Motocicletta, Burlington. Not cheap by any means. Cheaper than skin grafts. Blah, blah, etc. Lol.
However, I did get them altered with no problems. Shortened, the pants, not me.

Picked up a pair of resurgence cafe racer jeans. Hip and knee Armor, along with an almost full Pkev lining. Almost $200 less than the Zin jeans. A bit heavier but whatever.

Might be much for the city. But Id rather not take my chances for now. Plus, I’m not buying my gear for my 125, but rather to accommodate whatever I buy in the future too.

This way I’ll have a fully armoured outfit. Can always subtract some d3o if I feel like it. But I also commute away from the core so ill likely be riding 50kmh pretty frequently.

Picked up a pair of resurgence cafe racer jeans. Hip and knee Armor, along with an almost full Pkev lining. Almost $200 less than the Zin jeans. A bit heavier but whatever.

Might be much for the city. But Id rather not take my chances for now. Plus, I’m not buying my gear for my 125, but rather to accommodate whatever I buy in the future too.

This way I’ll have a fully armoured outfit. Can always subtract some d3o if I feel like it. But I also commute away from the core so ill likely be riding 50kmh pretty frequently.

Where did you end up getting them from? been on the search for something that can pass the business casual test and those look pretty good. I don't understand why every MC apparel company feels the need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to riding jeans.

Where did you end up getting them from? been on the search for something that can pass the business casual test and those look pretty good. I don't understand why every MC apparel company feels the need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to riding jeans.
Town Moto on Ossington!

Back
Top Bottom