zephyr 400 | GTAMotorcycle.com

zephyr 400

yes. wondering why kawasaki hasn't brought over the zephyr 400. I like its look better than the Z400..

The 900rs doesn't sit right for me. All the 900RS models have updside down forks, and that doesn't fit right on a retro, imo.
The 900rsSE has upside down forks. And the ohlins bright yellow upside down forks look even worse on the 900 retro. The standard forks of the 650 RS are correctly done right side up forks - and look way better for a retro. I do wish the 650RS had a proper exhaust though, like the zephyr 400 or the RS 900. Nice is the 650's lwt 412lbs..

If Im remembering correctly, TK4's drooling words on the rs 900SE rang true here lol. nice riide; but dang the front forks...

well im done thinking out loud w a bit of venting. I remember TK4's words on the rs 900SE not long ago. lol. it is nice. dang front forks..

Man that zephyr 400 looks great in a simple way. .

Last edited:
Cool looking bikes. I have 2 complaints:

1) It looks like they designed the bikes then someone said "you forgot the radiator!" Then they found a heat exchanger from a Civic and bolted it to the frame.
1655924186558.png

2) Should have laced wheels. They use them on their cruisers and W models, why not this one too?

The rad does stand out a little bit. I wonder if it's a trade-off for simplifying the cooling system a bit? I see that the rad cap is actually on the rad, perhaps that required a minimum thickness to work

I like the wheels myself, though.

yes. wondering why kawasaki hasn't brought over the zephyr 400. I like its look better than the Z400..

Man that zephyr 400 looks great in a simple way. .
Zephyr 400 = 4 cylinders = way too much $$$ for North American market.

doh. there is a pic of a modern zephyr 400 twin. but you will have to scroll down. shrug. artist/kawasaki rendition/prototype ?. anyway the title was zephyr 400, I don't know how to put up pics.

upside down forks on a retro - blasphemy !

bd60c4a0d04a76e722015227ff2f0589.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zephyr 400 = 4 cylinders = way too much $$$ for North American market.
I think he z400 uses the same parallel twin as the Ninja 400.

Back
Top Bottom