Yz125 as a trail bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yz125 as a trail bike

Thank you
About the tight technical stuff, the mechanic at the dealer told me I’ll be going thru spark plugs if I don’t race it like it was meant to. He said it should be treated like a chainsaw, high rpm and don’t let it idle for too long
Not sure about the YZ but It's a funny plug in the KX (NGK R6918B-8) which is is for racing and is about $30. I run a BR8ES which is $5 and dosen't oil up as bad. You could also try going down on size on the Pilot

John is probably your best bet for this-although I would probably do this as a last resort.

+1 for John at Accelerated Technologies.
Do it once and do it right, John is an expert.
I say this from experience.

Not sure about the YZ but It's a funny plug in the KX (NGK R6918B-8) which is is for racing and is about $30. I run a BR8ES which is $5 and dosen't oil up as bad. You could also try going down on size on the Pilot
That’s exactly what he told me to use the 8 instead of the 9 stock plug, the eight burns hotter or something like that

if you don't have insurance you can still ride.
the mx track out chatsworth way / hwy 6 is great for midweek riding on the cheap. no crowds mid week - bike shop- restaurant- shade in the trees... track almost to yourself, no insurance req'd (yikes)
best luck, great bike !

of course this is all dependent on the covid situation

Good hand guards and proper riding gear. That's it for now until you ride it and then can see after some experience what you want to change.
Do some research on Thumpertalk or wherever to see what guys find works for jetting and mix ratios for woods riding and oil types.
No sense doing any suspension or other mods right now other than handguards and a skidplate (Acerbis and Cycra should have good low-cost options available). You're new and your speed/level will increase quickly so suspension setting now will be totally different to how it will be after a couple months when your pace is better. You're gearing will be affected the same way.

Did you get the YZ125 or the newer YZ125x - The latter is spec'd more for woods riding. (18" rear wheel, wide ratio gearing, suspension tweaks, and a side stand)

Also, does anyone know a good suspension place around GTA
I do need to lower it I’m like 5’5” and struggle quite a bit, specially kick starting it
You could just try lowering links. Very easy to install (1/2 hr with beer break).
Koubalinks.com - just got links for my KLX250

Did you get the YZ125 or the newer YZ125x - The latter is spec'd more for woods riding. (18" rear wheel, wide ratio gearing, suspension tweaks, and a side stand)
I was going to get the 125X but I could only find the 125, everything is sold out

Back
Top Bottom