Year of the US 129? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Year of the US 129?

Year of the US 129

Year of the US 129
VA 16
TazewellSign.jpg

An insaly underrated road, and hands down my favourite of all time. Lives in 129's shadow, but people who don't ride va16 don't know what they're missing.

An insaly underrated road, and hands down my favourite of all time. Lives in 129's shadow, but people who don't ride va16 don't know what they're missing.
Except for the tractor trailer that played chicken, and ran me off the road, it was great! I found 129 too intense, 16 had a few sweepers in between the switchbacks. I plan on going again.

Except for the tractor trailer that played chicken, and ran me off the road, it was great! I found 129 too intense, 16 had a few sweepers in between the switchbacks. I plan on going again.

I've ridden it end to end 6 or 8 times now and can never get enough of it. If I lived in that area I'd be like YellowWolf is on the 129 lol.

I came around one corner in West Virginia near 16 and the guardrail was ten feet away from the road hanging in mid-air above the mountain slope. Must have been a rock slide or someone made a fatal boo boo. Best be careful.

I came around one corner in West Virginia near 16 and the guardrail was ten feet away from the road hanging in mid-air above the mountain slope. Must have been a rock slide or someone made a fatal boo boo. Best be careful.

Or somebody was on the road with a far bigger vehicle than they were supposed to be and massaged the guard rail while trying to navigate a corner they had no business being on to begin with.

Example: the switchback at the Fork, where without fail some doofus drives past all the no trucks signs occasionally and ends up like this.

1707840321132.png

Back
Top Bottom