Yamaha XS1100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha XS1100

Merkid

I'll be taking ownership of a well stored 1980 model. It will need extensive revival work to get it back on the road.

I've always stuck with the in line four Hondas and Suzuki's of the early '80s but have not had too much involvement with the Yamahas of that era.

Does anyone know of someone that would be a good contact person to discuss this model of Yamaha?

Member of CVMG?
If not, join.
Then look for Bob Beddohs (sp?) and Johnnie Bent.

Did you see the REALLY nice XS at the Toronto bike show? That's Bob"s bike.

If it's the cruiser sorta style, I don't like 'em.

If it's the more "standard"/"tourer"style, I like very much. I've seen that tank style re-purposed on cafe bikes of different makes. Made me think the whole bike could be kool cafe styled. I think the engine is supposed to be perky & reliable enuff. Done as a light tourer I think quite handsome too. Period or retro style luggage a must. Bit of a vintage Moto Guzzi style look I think.

Just checked some out on line. It's the "Special" that I don't especially like. Also not really big on the square headlights on some.

Just my non-requested opinion .

Last edited:
XS1100G (Standard) and XS1100SG (Special)

xs1100sg.png

Attachments

• xs1100g.jpg
    xs1100g.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 26
I have a garage full of xs's and parts I need to get rid of. PM me if there is something youre looking for.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Price out insurance before you drop major coin on a 1980 1100cc street motorcycle that isn't presently road worthy, insurance companies are even starting to question the age of my 1986 K100RS and the rates have doubled from what they used to be, I've owned and insured it since 1986.
Best luck with the bike & I hope you enjoy servicing CV carburetors, if it does not have the original air intake and the frame has not been attacked with an angle grinder you should have much less difficulty with the restoration and making it road worthy.

Back
Top Bottom