Yamaha Virago 250 fuel range | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Yamaha Virago 250 fuel range

I just rode a 2 day trial since I cleaned mine :/ my air cleaner will be filthy. Her's is probably worse.

add: you should always endeavour to obtain an OEM service manual for any bike you own :|
well actually it should come with one, even if it is written in Chinese.

Hey! according to the manual it has an oiled foam air filter that should be cleaned and re-oiled! Good place to start.
Wear rubber gloves and spurge and buy real foam air filter oil, 1 bottle will probably last you a life time if you do it right.
... Use a plastic bag to oil and squeeze out the excess oil ;)

Go with the KISS method here.

Confirm she's filling the tank properly before doing anything else.

XV250 should get about 300km to a full tank. If it's getting 100km to the tank, you are loosing fuel -- not burning it. There are a few things to check.

1) Fuel lines or petcock clogged. Each side of the tank delivers fuel to a vacuum shutoff petcock. If one side is plugged, the tank will not fully drain, you'll get about 200km to a full tank.

2) Vacuum petcock defective or left on Prime. Fuel may run non stop, dripping from the carb overflow or flowing down the intake into the cylinders then on to the crankcase. Check oil level to see if it's way overfilled.

3) Needle valve stuck, fuel running through carb overflow and onto the road when running. If this is the case, you will normally have a strong gas smell.

Maybe she is heavy on the throttle?

Sent from the moon!
Haha, when I first got my nighthawk 450 it would get over 400 km per tank but top speed was an indicated ~130 km/h. When I sold it, some tanks were just over 100 km range but it had way more power and top speed. Going across he top of algonquin i kept passing a 5th wheel camper as I would have to stop for gas, he would pass me then I would pass him, then I would stop for gas and he would pass me again.

Back
Top Bottom